A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help creating "Unzip" effect

Elite Few

Need help creating "Unzip" effect

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flash intro for a new site and would like to have a flash animation do the following-

I need an image of a van to move across the screen, with an effect to make it look like the page is unzipping in half, with the van as the zipper. So as the van moves from right to left, the van will unzip the page - displaying the homepage.

Is this possible? If so - how can I make this movie load on top of the homepage so it can unzip the homepage?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Chris
    "I went to this psychiatrist for 2 years, and then she said something that brought tears to my eyes... 'no hablo ingles'"

For something that sounds quite simple I suppose thinking about it, it is reasonably complex. You would have to use seperate movie clips for each thing, i.e. top part of zip, bottom part, van. You would have to put the whole animation in 1 movie clip and put it on the highest layer of your flash website. If would then have to be cut of the stage so that people can click buttons and what not underneath on the actual site.

I know I may not make total sence, but thought I would try and help a little

peace.

Elite Few
    Immortal, I need the flash movie (*.swf) to load on top of an HTML static page.

How would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Tech
    For something that sounds quite simple I suppose thinking about it, it is reasonably complex. You would have to use seperate movie clips for each thing, i.e. top part of zip, bottom part, van. You would have to put the whole animation in 1 movie clip and put it on the highest layer of your flash website. If would then have to be cut of the stage so that people can click buttons and what not underneath on the actual site.

I know I may not make total sence, but thought I would try and help a little

peace.
    "I went to this psychiatrist for 2 years, and then she said something that brought tears to my eyes... 'no hablo ingles'"

Ohhh, well you could do it, by setting the swf to transparent, but thats all I know. There is a way to do it, as some adverts do it, and it even disapears after an amount of time, but its beyond what I know.