A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [GAME] Incredible concept!

timebot isn't as good. I like the way you are the new thing each round instead of timebot where you don't control the replay and just one character. Nice game.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Quote Originally Posted by shavlor
    does any one have a link to those JIG entries that would be neat to check out
    http://jayisgames.com/archives/2007/...c3_results.php

I think it’s a brilliant game. When the last staircase at level 15 wouldn’t appear despite the three buttons being pressed, I thought I had to destroy all the pyramids. This made the game quite more tactically challenging and the first cursor could be used to more than just pressing a button and then waiting to die. No doubt this game can evolve and the concept can be put to use in endless ways.

The Timebot game was brilliant too and it’s interesting to note the similarities between the two games (or rather the differences).

Although I am developing a flash game, I have not really played much flash game (actually not much of any type of game lately) so I don’t know if these games are truly innovative but to me they are a real eye-opener - to that there is a lot of great games being developed and more specifically to time travel as an element of game mechanics.

Actually I can’t believe that the time travel concept was such a revelation to me. When you think about it games are perfectly suited to “explore” the time travel concept.

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    I'm still not sure, even devoting most if not all my brain power, how they keep track of that many cursors, and to that little detail like if you move them back and forth like a single pixel. Pretty cool concept...
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Quote Originally Posted by ImprisonedPride
    I'm still not sure, even devoting most if not all my brain power, how they keep track of that many cursors, and to that little detail like if you move them back and forth like a single pixel. Pretty cool concept...
    10 arrays of let's say 1000-2000 units (flash easily handles that), once you initiated them there's almost no performance loss in assining values to them or to retrieve them.

I suppose after that you just add the event that took place to the object in the array... I had a feeling it was just using arrays...
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)

Quote Originally Posted by ImprisonedPride
    Really? I'm surprised they couldn't get it smoother. :s
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Eh? I was saying that it was really smooth. Did I imply otherwise?
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF

Actually, looking at it again, it is smoother than I remembered. Still not as smooth as I'd like to see, but then again I suppose that's down the the framerate more than anything else.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

thanks,
    can't wait to check these games out

PS: that damn dancing girl in the top ad really slows down my comp. I think flash shouldn't allow ads that have high processor requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by shavlor
    PS: that damn dancing girl in the top ad really slows down my comp. I think flash shouldn't allow ads that have high processor requirements...
    Flash wouldn't have anything to do with the content of ads, they just make the gun, they don't shoot it.

However, the portals should really consider this issue. With so many ads crammed on some portal pages, there are times when games just don't work appropriately.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    What can I say, just, great game!!!

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

I could easily see a game like this with procedurally generated levels becoming the next viral...
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    I had a similar idea for a platform game, but I thought it would be impossible because the two can never interact - ie second player cant feedback to the first.

Never thought of doing it like this though.

Wish I had.