A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can FreeHand create links in a Acrobat document?

I know how to spell addicted netadict's Avatar

Can FreeHand create links in a Acrobat document?

I gathered that Adobe FreeHand can create multipaged Adobe Arobat Documents ( *.pdf) but can it create links to other parts of the same document inside the document ( for example clicking a certain linked word on page 2 takes yo to a section in page 8)
    One blurred photo is a mistake, 10 blurred photos are an experiment,
    100 blurred photos is a style

Student
    macromedia freehand is dead,- adobe never adopted it. Anyway I dont think so. You could however do it in Acrobat wich is propably the most convenient way

What version of acrobat do I need?
    and
    How?

Student
    propably any starting with 4 (and the newer isn´t necessary any better as the old versions),- just select some words and then edit- create link or something like that,- perhaps you can even drag the word to the bookmark panel. Or the context menu- shouldn´t be to hard

Some time back I tought myself Freehand from a book. The book said that Freehand is the statndard filr format for multi page documents to be professionally printed.

So if I want to design and ten professionally print a multipage leaflet or magazine, what software would I use?

Student
    InDesign is the way to go for leaflets or magazines,- Illustrator and or in combination with Flash for illustrative graphics.

In InDesign (in the old days 80´s/90´s QuarkXpress ruled here) you can quickly and easily setup professional layouts. Almost any magazine today is published with it. This is mainly because you have way more control over pages, typo stuff and layout helpers as in any other type of application such as Illustrator or Freehand.

If you design a magazine often the cover photo is edited in Photoshop, the logo of the magazine created in Illustrator and everything put together in InDesign.

I know many Design- ignorants who still install Freehand on their computer but the truth is that it is already for a long time dead and there is no official support anymore for the software even if many designers still love it. Guess the death of freehand was the result of Adobe eating macromedia.