dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Flash photo gallery I made, what do you think??

New Flash photo gallery I made, what do you think??

Hey everyone and anyone, im new here on the forums but would appreciate feedback on the flash photo gallery I made. Im trying to make the site feel as professional as possible, but am still learning at the moment.

The gallery is underhttp://www.lauriedeandrivingschool.co.uk/ceh but you will have to click the link to the gallery on the left nav bar.

CH

Seeing as no-one has replied, ill put a direct link to the swf here. Im guessing yur all jus lazy, or plain unfriendly to the newbs here. Oh well...

My gallery

Hi and welcome to FlashKit. Most people around are pretty friendly but sometimes replies can be slow so don't be offended if it takes a while to get a response.

My first point about your site is you should change the colour of your links so they are visible before somebody puts their mouse over them.

As for the gallery it works well but if you want things to be a little more professional I would suggest thinking about the following -

- Reverse the image rollover so the black and white thumbnails are displayed and the coloured one appears on mouse over

- Make the larger image in to a link to a high res version of the photo

- Change the text whenan image is loading, or even better add a preloader

- Consider changing the fonts and arrow graphics. The current ones are ok but could be smoother for a more professional look

Overall though a good start and some of thos photo's are really good. If you are in to photography it might be worth checking out the photo forum here on FK link

Photo galleries are pretty common, your looks like alot of others I have seen. I would suggest looking at other photography sites to see their galleries and look at some of the different ones around. It would stand out more if it had a more original idea. Good woork though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Trampy
    Seeing as no-one has replied, ill put a direct link to the swf here. Im guessing yur all jus lazy, or plain unfriendly to the newbs here. Oh well...

My gallery
    Ya did yourself out of a lot of potential help because of that one. I had already written a good 10 -15 lines until I saw that an erased it all. Most people on this forum have a lot else to do than immediately review your gallery. I'm sure we'd all like to help, but we can't do it right away, people have to find the time. So stop being selfish, ignorant and ungrateful, and understand that nobody has the time to be here 24/7, although everyone would be more than happy to help (unless we see comments like that).
    Patience is a virtue...
    Last edited by sportzguy933; 01-19-2008 at 03:13 AM.

well, i find the design kinda basic, but the Gallery does the trick. Maybe larger images and some more info.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    * Freelance multi media designer http://www.andrekreft.com/
    * .Get Inspired! Magazine http://getinspiredmagazine.com/

Hello again and thankyou all for your feedback, its pretty much the first website ive made, and gallery too at that, so yea i agree the design is basic. Im also sorry to flame you over not having any replies, i guess i jus expected the forum to be a bit faster moving like most others i have used (though i havnt used that many)

I also understand that a lot of people here are working professionals, and do not have all the time in the world to look at other peoples work, i just expected a bit more activity after a day being at the top of the board, im sorry if i insulted any of the members with my rash statements.

However, i think it is unfair to judge me as ignorant, selfish, or ungrateful from viewing my first 2 posts on flashkit. After all, i dont think characters on a computer screen are good indicator of someones personality or nature. If you knew me (and you dont, sportsguy933) i would hope yu would cast quite a different opinion, as i am, usually a very patient person.

Thanks to the three members who actually gave me constructive criticism, i am very grateful for what you have to say, positive or negative. As for for you sporty guy93, i would prefer if you didnt leave any feedback to my posts in future, because if you do, i will simply disregard your 'advice' as pretty useless, and a waste of space.

Trampy