I'm trying to control the frame rate on a movie clip ( i want the movie to flash at a speed controled by a knob) currently i have a tweened time line that fades in and out over the course of 20 frames. and the knob i have to control it is set to play that movie clip and set the frame rate at the same time. i have placed a trace statement on the knob rotation and the frame rate of the second clip. they both seem to show a decreas and increase of rate and angle as i turn the knob but vissually it looks same. any ideas? (i have enclosed just a part of my knob rotation code it is ugly i know i should have done an array) thank you for the help
Code:

his.fan_knob.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, fan3);
fan_knob.buttonMode = true;
function fan3(evt:Event):void {
	if (this.ok) {
		trace("knob "+ fan_knob.rotation);
		var xVar = this.mouseX-fan_knob.x;
		var yVar = this.mouseY-fan_knob.y;
		MovieClip(root).texting.gotoAndStop(9);
		fan_knob.rotation = Math.max(0, Math.min(180, Math.abs(-(Math.atan2((yVar), -(xVar))*(180/Math.PI)))));

} if (0 < fan_knob.rotation && fan_knob.rotation < 20 && (0 < MovieClip(root).hvac_knob.hvac_knob.rotation && MovieClip(root).hvac_knob.hvac_knob.rotation < 96) && (MovieClip(root).AC_Heat.currentFrame == 3)) {
		MovieClip(root).cool.cool.gotoAndPlay(10);
		MovieClip(root).cool.cool.frameRate =5;
	} else if (20 < fan_knob.rotation && fan_knob.rotation < 40 && (0 < MovieClip(root).hvac_knob.hvac_knob.rotation && MovieClip(root).hvac_knob.hvac_knob.rotation < 96) && (MovieClip(root).AC_Heat.currentFrame == 3)) {
		MovieClip(root).cool.cool.gotoAndPlay(10);
		MovieClip(root).cool.cool.frameRate =10;