A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: multiple object zoom help

multiple object zoom help

i'm hoping someone can give me a bit of a nudge in the right direction. i'm not too familiar with flash yet, but i'm working on a pet project for myself that is a bit complicated. i'm looking forward to using it as a learning experience, but i've run into something i just don't know enough about to even know what i need to study.

basically, i want to make a program that has room floorplans on which the user will be able to place table-shapes to plan a layout for an event. i would like the user to be able to zoom in and out, but i'm unsure how to work it with the floorplan and multiple tables. when they zoom, the floorplan and tables (there will be quite a few) will have to scale equally and the tables will need to stay in the correct locations in relation to the floorplan. i'm definitely willing to study up on this myself, but i am unsure what to even look for. is there a flash object that these can be housed within? or will everything need to be separate? if anyone has any suggestions for what to read up on, it would be greatly appreciated!

i forgot to mention, i'm using flash cs3 and actionscript 3.0