A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Scrolling pictures and Color Changer

resolved [RESOLVED] Scrolling pictures and Color Changer

Hi, All! I need your help! I've had some experience working with Flash before but as this is my first (paid!!) job, I need your help in terms of scripting.

First of all, I'm making a product spinaround similar to the one found here:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Conten.../onlyspin.html

I've created a spinaround of the product in blender using .jpg files. I've laid the .jpgs out, one per keyframe. I need your help to program it. How do I get it so the user can click and drag and the product will spin JUST like in the above example?

Second, there's one part where I've rigged a product color change. You know, like in the mazda site (www.mazdausa.com) where you can customize the color fo the product. Well, I've created five different pictures of the product in different colors, with five buttons according to the color type. How do I program Flash so that when the mouse rolls over the button, it will make the color_change movie clip go to a certain frame (like that color)?

Please help! You guys are awesome and I'm seriously in your debt! :-)

Thanks,
    ~jace

For the first question I made you a fla.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Exclamation

Right... right... that makes sense. I worked around the script and realized what you did. I think that'll work, though sometimes it's a little edgy (as in not too precise) but when I'm dealing with 200 frames to make a spin, it'll work perfectly. many thanks!!!

I also figured out how to make the color changer work, by using a rolloverover->gotoframe and rollout->gotoframe beginning. Etc. for each color. It'll work. Thank you so much for your help! i apprecaite it!

~joel

hey... I've plugged in my movie and gotten the slider to work. One question. When I drag the slider, it plays until fram 100 (how I've set it) and then stops. I need it so that they can continously drag and dragging will stop when they've left the Flash window itself. so when it gets to frame 100 I want it to repeat the scrolling. does that make sense? Like... when it gets to frame 100 i want it to return to frame 1 and then continue down the list instead of only dragging so far and then stopping. Any ideas? Please let me know!!

~jace