A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bananalbum in Koolmoves

Bananalbum in Koolmoves

Hi

I am new to the forum, I have a question regarding a bananalbum photo album and weather it is possible to intergrate one into a webpage that I created using Koolmoves.

Thanks for any help.

Paldon

What is a bananalbum?

Bananalbum is a free to use flash photo album software developed by Jalbum. http://jalbum.net/ it uses flash to create an easy to use photo slide show. Sorry for not being specific I thought it was a well known program.
    It is really easy to make a slide show then place it in a HTML webpage using expresion web or frontpage.
    I did this here on this website http://www.barneybeagle.com/Photos.htm but I want to create a new site using koolmoves.

Thanks

if the application at www.BananAlbum.net is what you mean, then assuming it is exported as a swf file, then you should be able to import it into KM.

It should import fine the issue will be if it's a well behaved swf... In other words it doesn't assume it's the _root movie and the variables are settable from the parent flash file.

Oooh Looked at the source HTML and it's a complex bit of Javascript that embeds the album. If that is part of making the album run you're in for a tough time.

Frankly you can build an album like this in KM... I recently uploaded a fully actionscript photo gallery to The KoolExchange(file repository)

Super Moderator
    In other words it doesn't assume it's the _root movie and the variables are settable from the parent flash file.

-> Remus posted a month or so ago. It is possible to overcome _root problems.

mc1._lockroot = true;
    mc1.loadMovie("some_movie.swf");

Hi
    Thanks for the reply's I will take a look at the koolexchange.

Paldon