A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a hard time making a purchase?

Ever have a hard time making a purchase?

Just thought I would share.
    I have lately been drooling over a mountain bike that is on mad crazy sale and have picked on my wife relentlessly knowing she would always say no. Well hell froze over the other day. . She said sure go ahead and get it. Then all the sudden I am doubting my want to purchase. I have had the page up in firefox since Monday, I have even got the bike in my shopping cart. Made it all the way to them telling me what the shipping charges are. I know that as of yesterday they only have 31 left in my size. And yet I just cant pull the bloody trigger.

Normally I am a trigger happy SOB. I will buy on a whim and regret it later, but this time I am feeling all guilty before even buying the thing. I know I will love it when I get it. It will actually keep me safer (although it will also make me ride more dangerously). Bah

Anyway, just felt the need to vent. Thank you for pretending to listen.

For those interested, here is the bike.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

I just bought the rest of their stock...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I would be the same with that bike. The thought of buying that and the type of riding I woulddo on it just scares the hell out of me!

Of course I am a xc wuss.

I ride mostly xc and road but lately I have been getting into more slopestyle. Also once a year a group of us goes up to Sugar Mountain to do some downhill. Ofcourse with our rigs we take it pretty cautiously.

I am about to start building up some North Shore style ladders and drops in the back yard though and I am worried that my GT iDive with Recon won't handle the beating that well.

Wannabe send me a pic you just made my life much easier.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;

There was a trade off though from the wife. If I buy this I have to go to Disney world and go to the parks she wants to go to ( I was going to do this anyway, plus what kind of a deal is that, sounds like win win to me ). Also I have to give up my credit cards.
    ------------------

im the opposite pea, i have a hard time buying things. Last night because i was bored i bought a wii game. It is horrible and they wont take it back because i took it out of the plastic.

$52 gone
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Same here... just pulled the trigger on a Neuros OSD from the local CompUSA that's closing. Cheapest I could find online was 50 bucks more than I could get it for in the store.

Well... I went there on lunch today. Bought it. Walked out. Sorta odd that I waited since November to pull the trigger on this one, but the price never went down like this.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

It would be easier if it cost less. I am also wondering in the back of my head if I need that style. It's more downhill but will handle Freeride as well. Bad thing is it doesn't pedal as well (climbs are harder due to geometry) as say a strickly freeride bike. It is also heavy but that is because it is bomb proof. BAH!

There is one good thing though. If I get it and don't like the way it feels, I can return it. But I don't think I can take it out for an actual trail ride. I would probably crash and scratch it anyway.
    ------------------

Typically, if I'm unsure, I don't buy something. It's a sign I may be gadget lusting more than practical. Unless you're definitely going to use it, a lot, don't bother.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    Typically, if I'm unsure, I don't buy something. It's a sign I may be gadget lusting more than practical. Unless you're definitely going to use it, a lot, don't bother.
    This comes from the man that's returned how many Mac's?

Naw, you're thinking responsibly, somewhat, Paks. Just... well, dunno dude. What's wrong with your current bike? What are you going to do with it?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Ha, reminds me of this thread.
    I had the same struggle. It finally got to the point where I couldn't convince myself I didn't deserve it and pulled the trigger. It ended up being a very good decision.

I'd keep my current bike. It is kinda like shoes. Different bikes are made for different things. My current bike is and XC bike (cross country). It is pretty much made to stay on the ground. It maneuvers well climbs like a mountain goat and is comfortable for the long haul. It is also very well suited to what is close by here. The bike in question is a Downhill / Freeride bike. It is built to soak up rocks take falls and can get air without the fear of the frame snapping upon landing. Up in N. Augusta and Sugar Mountain has things for that baby. Mind you I have done N. Augusta no problem with my current bike. I am however building some North shore styl trails in my back yard. Pretty much bringing the hills to SC. I will be doing drops from nothing to 7' most likely.

So pretty much different shoes for different styles.
    ------------------

This is downhill. And it gets much more extreme.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAccWTrnIQ
    ------------------

Oh and it would be pretty cool to say..

"Yeah, that's my DIABLO."
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    Oh and it would be pretty cool to say..

"Yeah, that's my DIABLO Cody."

yeah its a pretty sweet name for a hot chick
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I picked up a 2007 Specialized Rockhopper last year (with the M4 carbon alloy frame).

Lovin' it, though went through the same gig with my missus, if it sat for a more than week unused I'd be catchin' some heat, etc.

Needless to say, the amount its been used is far more than that, sometimes 6 out of 7 days I'm riding for at least 45 minutes (when its warmer, though I went out three times last week), so well worth the investment.

I think if it sits, you'll feel guilty. If you use it, any guilt you feel will fade pretty quickly.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I would love to be able to get a Rockhopper but it is outside of the realm of affordability. Specialized is kind of my dream bike area. Shoot I asked about a job opportunity they have had posted for graphic designer. They didn't answer my question though sniffle sniffle. I just found out that instead of Sugar Mountain we are going to Snowshoe Mountain. And the stuff there is SAWEET more Whistler style riding it looks like. So I think I will be pulling the trigger after lunch. LOL watch ill be back on here whining later about doubting myself again.

Also, found out that I will have 300ft worth of wood for free to build some North shore trails in the back yard and more if I want it. Oh yummy.
    ------------------

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    So I think I will be pulling the trigger after lunch.
    Nice - go for it.

That course sounds cool as well.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

POW! trigger pulled. Should be here in 8 days
    ------------------

i'm having the same problem with the iPhone... i'm just unsure as to whether or not it is a worthwhile investment or just a gadget to go with my MacBook LOL

hmm decisions decisions lolol

Christopher Mitchell

p.s. hope the bike is fun to ride
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster