A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield - now with **Spoilers**

to those not seen.

not worth the hype. in fact it is almost lame. The CG of the big guy was great, but the little critters were like B-grades. The aim of getting me 'into' the action didnt quite work out. But if u must see this movie, go see in the cinema once. DVD isnt worth it either.

spoilers:
    the big guy: think Godzilla with broken arms
    the little guys: think starship troopers

it looked nothing like godzilla with broken arms
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

--===00OO00===--
    I thought deformed and hairless gorilla. o.o

Oh yeah, I thought it rather sucked. Good CG, but crappy story and plot.
    Last edited by Eleniatari; 01-28-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

<-- not impressed by this film...

Christopher Mitchell
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

I hear by discredit all of jujumon's past, current, and future opinions.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleniatari
    I thought deformed and hairless gorilla. o.o

Oh yeah, I thought it rather sucked. Good CG, but crappy story and plot.
    crappy story and plot?

A ****ing MONSTER attacks the city, in the middle of a going away party so they already had the camera out and filming. Dude sees his brother just straight up pancaked, Gets a call from the girl he loves and decides to try and save her.

What did you want, a flashback to how the monster was made, and a scientist to come in the last 15 minutes of the movie with the secret spot to kill the monster, But the only way to kill it is ot have someone go into the monsters belly, and the only one brave enough is some dude with a handy cam?!

This movie was great, i think people were just expecting a michael bay meets whoever did armageddon movie.

thats the "new" godzilla

kinda what the monster from cloverfield looked like.
    You never get a clear complete look at it, Because the monster is just a supporting character in the movie.

Saw it over the weekend - meh. Hard to tell exactly how I feel about it; felt the humor attempts kind of killed the reality of it, not to mention some of the acting was sub-par (what's that? my brother was just killed? Hold on, my ex is calling on the other line...)

Had some good moments, when I was genuinely tense, but overall way too predictable. Good concept, very nice technically, but went a little low-brow for me with the funny-side kick and hopeless-romantic cliches.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Quote Originally Posted by japangreg
    Saw it over the weekend - meh. Hard to tell exactly how I feel about it; felt the humor attempts kind of killed the reality of it, not to mention some of the acting was sub-par (what's that? my brother was just killed? Hold on, my ex is calling on the other line...)

Had some good moments, when I was genuinely tense, but overall way too predictable. Good concept, very nice technically, but went a little low-brow for me with the funny-side kick and hopeless-romantic cliches.

he was in shock, On one hand you have your brother getting killed, on the other hand you have your dream girl leaving you a message saying she is hurt, but alive. Soon as they got to the subway station and his mom called it hit him, He completely broke down. Jasons girlfriend was freaking out over jason dying and had to be dragged off the collapsing bridge. It was as realistic as it gets when a giant monster ***** slaps the Brooklyn bridge.

The funny parts were good, the homeless guy that sets people on fire? Hilarious, the entire theater laughed. I have friends like that. Damn you know what if 4 of us were in a city you damned well know id be the hud of the group, Walking down a pitch black subway station talking about a homeless dude setting people on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    Damn you know what if 4 of us were in a city you damned well know id be the hud of the group, Walking down a pitch black subway station talking about a homeless dude setting people on fire.
    Which would be why you'd be the one I shove through doorways first to see if it was safe.

Now, I can't say for sure what the proper response to seeing a monster smack down the brooklyn bridge with its **** may be, but I'm pretty sure that until my arse is back on solid ground, I'm letting all calls go to f'n voicemail.

I will say that the apartment scene was well done; as someone with an unreasonable fear of heights, that freaked me out to no end...
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

--===00OO00===--
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    crappy story and plot?

A ****ing MONSTER attacks the city, in the middle of a going away party so they already had the camera out and filming. Dude sees his brother just straight up pancaked, Gets a call from the girl he loves and decides to try and save her.

What did you want, a flashback to how the monster was made, and a scientist to come in the last 15 minutes of the movie with the secret spot to kill the monster, But the only way to kill it is ot have someone go into the monsters belly, and the only one brave enough is some dude with a handy cam?!

This movie was great, i think people were just expecting a michael bay meets whoever did armageddon movie.
    No, I expected a movie where I couldn't guess what was going to happen in nearly every scene five minutes before it happened.

So what? There is a party scene that takes up 20 minutes that makes people physically sick to watch. Thats the only new part about this movie. Monster attacking new York, people dying. Not new. Relatives dying, lovers dying, parents calling. Once again, not new. Military attacking monster and failing to kill it. Wow...thats...not new... Granted, the 'every main character dying' bit was uncommon. Still, not new though.

Way it was hyped I was expecting something different than what I got. After the initial shock of the production style, it all becomes very predictable. Little bit of back story into character relations, dramatic entrance of monster, coupled with people attempting to flee. Lead 'main' character running off to help someone trapped with everyone following him, people dying off along the way. That eventually leads to some climactic and possibly fatal scene without the monster even in it, followed by the attempt at dramatic escape. Following with the dramatic and highly explosive attempt to destroy the monster.

Way too predictable of a movie.
    Last edited by Eleniatari; 01-28-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

go pinch your nut on a bike seat... again.

Hey, hey!!!

No more mentions of bike seat violence!

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i went in there without any high expectations of violence, gore, humor, even CG or a plot. I already knew it's actually a PG13 love story and the monster is secondary.

But the whole point of the movie, to get viewers the feel like we are part of the situation, did not work out for me. i would rather see what's going on in the cam the nite BEFORE the story begins

and the real cloverfield monster actually looks like this
    Last edited by Jujumon; 01-28-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Haha not quite

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

You all bore me.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XeZL5Z4a37w

Clear video of the monster

Now THAT is entertaining
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

puwhahahahaha.