A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cloverfield - now with **Spoilers**

LOL. St**pid teaser trailer~ Now they're gonna expect Dan Akroyd popping up to save em~

About Cloverfield, it is reaching dizzying heights like never before. Character buildup and pacing were decent. Engaging, yes. Pretty slick CG, yes.
    Lame army attack scene choreographies, yes. Despite having a rod sticking out of her chest, she manages to scamper away towards the rescue helicopter at the end (wow, what stamina~). The monster looked like he's suffering and sick (like a super enlarged and gooey golum). Bah. And am I the only one who notices that Nokia received special attention throughout?

"The monster looked like he's suffering and sick (like a super enlarged and gooey golum."

It was a creature obviously adapted for the sea.

Isn't that how most sea creatures look?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

It's just a monster movie but if I were to examine it, I'd wonder how they were breathing air. The main creature may have been able to take it but the parasites shouldn't have been able to transition no problem. Assuming they were submerged up until now.

i heard the main dude was just a baby, imagine how is it when fully grown.

i forgot to ask Why was there an explosion early in the movie?? how did that happen??

that was never mentioned.

when you live in deep sea you need to have ways of extracting the little bit of oxygen thats around you. im sure there were ways for them to pull it from the air similarly to how they pulled the tiny amounts from water.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

There was an oil tanker wreck at the beginning. That was probably the explosion.

Sorry to bump but i've just seen it coz it came out later over here, that was definatly one of the best films i've seen in ages. Although the ending was a big iffy and a women shouted "WHAT!?" when the credits suddenly appeared, I have to say that the helicopter crash has to have been one of the most creepy things i've ever seen on film before (it looked so real and the sounds! Copter crash is like on of my worse nightmares).
    I thought the main character acted fairly well (apart from their slightly magical ability to survive almost anything, which goes double for that camera which must have gods blessing or something) and although they were complete idiots to get into some of the situations, it all seemed so real!

Quick Question:
    My friends have a debate about "the bite". Here are our thoughts:
    -The things have a poison which makes you blood pressure high (why she cried blood) this makes you explode eventually.
    -The things plant an egg inside you and to kill it the military drill into you to kill it, (my friend says he saw a drill go into her but I couldn't see because the camera was too shaky).

Also, apparently there are quite a few anagrams on buildings and newpapers which reference godzilla?! I thought the japan thing was just a slight tantalizer but I was on the lookout and saw none.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

"I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Just got back from watching it. Was truly blown away. I had some friends sitting at the back of the cinema and they just seemed to miss the whole feel of it. As we were close to the front, we got sucked it... fantastic movie

althougth this movie didnt hit me, the idea of making a sequel based on cam from another group of ppl is very clever.

maybe from a different perspective we will know how the monster appeared or what happen after the bomb dropped at the end?