A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Url dont work...

Url dont work...

I just start with 3d flash animator and i have a little question, i dont arrive to do a link on my Banner, i just want to click on it to go to other page on my site. (when i use a gif banner, a little Hand Appears, i click on it and that's all but with my banner flash... nothing). It's possible to create a button but i want that all the banner be Clickable. thanks for you re help and sorry for my english !

The open URL feature does seem to be disabled in the current version, but will be re-enabled in the next release.

In the meantime, create a button element and add a rectangle to the Hot area of the button. Then create a mouse down action to open the URL.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Thanks

How to get .swf file onto HTML file?

I have been working on this website http://www.avenueslimited.com , I am trying to get the .swf file to work but for some reason when I upload the file to the page it doesnt show. I can get a picture to show up at the /index.html page and I can get the flash to show up at .swf file. I tried putting a spot on the html but it wont work. Do I have to add something to get the .swf file to work on the html page?

Quote Originally Posted by micro149
    I have been working on this website http://www.avenueslimited.com , I am trying to get the .swf file to work but for some reason when I upload the file to the page it doesnt show. I can get a picture to show up at the /index.html page and I can get the flash to show up at .swf file. I tried putting a spot on the html but it wont work. Do I have to add something to get the .swf file to work on the html page?

Use the html code that 3dfa spits out on export.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by kusco
    The open URL feature does seem to be disabled in the current version, but will be re-enabled in the next release.

In the meantime, create a button element and add a rectangle to the Hot area of the button. Then create a mouse down action to open the URL.

I hope the next release is soon. I have a site with loads of HREFs in a HTML news text element. Its useless for the moment and there's no way I can replace them all with clunky buttons! Help!