A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Map small image to bigger image

Question Map small image to bigger image

I want to create a component that maps one image to another. In director i used the MAP function for it. Does anyone know if there is already a component written to simulate this director function.
    in director the function looked like this:

map(targetRect, sourceRect, destinationRect)
    Description
    Function; positions and sizes a rectangle or point based on the relationship of a source rectangle to a target rectangle.
    The relationship of the targetRect to the sourceRect governs the relationship of the result of the function to the destinationRect

It should work like this: I have two maps : one big image inside a big viewport and one small map inside a small viewport.
    On the big map I have an actor. The same actor is represented on the smaller picture.
    I only see a part of the bigger image. The smaller parts references the biger parts.
    When I drag the big image the smaller viewport must be repositioned according to the bigger picture's viewport. When I drag the smaller viewport the bigger image must be repositioned inside it's viewport. When I click on the smaller image the smaller viewport is centered on this point

has anyone has a suggestion how I can begin progamming in actionscript 3 to have the same possibilty I had in director?
    Attached Images Attached Images