A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sparkling Effect, Twinkling Star!

Sparkling Effect, Twinkling Star!

Hi folks,

I'm in a bind here - a real bind. I need a couple different stars like the ones you will find on this swarovski crystal website. Many are similar, just different sizes and all twinkle slowly which I prefer.

http://www.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTE...egoryName=0401

http://www.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTE...egoryName=0104

Then go to this link and check it out:

http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/sparkling_effect.asp

This is a pretty star I found free download that is even close to the quality of the swarovsky stars. And, I suspect this file could be tweaked to use for both types of stars, but alas, I am not a flasher!

I do have an awesome website I am building though. And I would be more than pleased to offer you recognition for your contribution. In fact, I'll take you there to visit as soon as I launch my intro!

I did my graphics and image editing in fireworks, and I'm currently working with someone at the Swishzones forum for the coding and scripting. I can load an external file into swish and swf's are loadable.

I hope to hear from someone soon - maybe not with immediate results, but if you at all interested in the project and could help me out. I don't know where to turn except to fellow artists.

Thank you, Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by decodiva
    I hope to hear from someone soon - maybe not with immediate results, but if you at all interested in the project and could help me out. I don't know where to turn except to fellow artists.
    Well, you could go to the Flash Freelance section here and post this up as a freelance job...it's very very simple; you wouldn't have to pay much, and you'd be helping someone else as well as looking more professional. Would YOU work for nothing? (I'm guessing this isn't a charity)...

No, this isn't a charity, but it is a collaborative venture for a 7 story, art deco building that will be for artisans to display their work. At this point it is being presented with 2D illustrations and may eventually go 3D.

The finished size of the attachment I am sending is actually 980 x 2222.
    This website is all graphics, and is more of a next generation website. It is really quite exciting to see something built by artists for artists - of all dimensions.

I anticipate lots of work for the flash artists who get involved with this project and stick with it. They will have their own display areas and will be referred to earth artists looking to have a site built. That was why I placed the link to the forum thread at swishzone in case any of you were interested.

But, I will take your advice and post the same request at the freelance area. "freelance needed for free".

If anyone is interested, please contact me at shelleyhritz at gmail dot com

thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

It would be really simple to do that as a tween in Flash. If you want some direction I could give you some tips. I don't think I would have time to do all of it though.

Thank you for your note. I have been able to create the graphics for a star. I am sending it as 3 separate layers in pngs. I know they can be loaded right into flash.

So, if any of you guys are interested in the free graphics for the star, could you send me a copy of the swf"s on a transparent background after you finish making them animated? People are always looking for nice stars - let's make one and post it here at flash kit.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    thank you, shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why do you need the stars again? I can draw those in flash so you wouldn't even need a .png file. It would almost be easier without one.

I need some animated stars like the ones on the links to swarovski.com like in the first post. I can insert an swf into swishmax2 but don't know how to animate in that program either!

They need to have a transparent background so they can be placed over jewelry and lighting in my website.

Animal Lover, Flash lover eaglevision's Avatar
    Hey!
    I PMed you, go check your messages.
    ~11-year old flasher