A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic Filters

The mac player has some bugs. Recently, somebody reported about another bug, however I never heard and experienced myself a problem like this.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

The function to blur it is being called. I've done traces on it. And I can trace out the filter array, and it says the BlurFilter object exists in it. It's just not visually present. Ugh.

Oh, the semi-transparent logo and the spinning circles objects never blur for me.

Regardless of what options I choose the grid stuffs blur until the loading circles disappear then there is no blur, any contents in the grid pop up sequentially, and then the grid lines fade in.
    Seems to be the same transition for me every time.
    Last edited by Shokushu; 01-31-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Yeah, Shokushu, that is the desired effect. Just it's not working on a Mac for some reason. I'll be debugging this one for a while. Anyone have any suggestions for another transition? I was really fond of the blurring/fading out while loading. But if it's not working cross platform, then we have a problem.

Ok, now tell me this one.

When I try and apply the blur, then I do a check of this.width, I get a really weird negative number, -107373778.4. During the times when the blur works, the width is fine, 596.

How can an object have a negative width?! Something fishy is going on here.

[edit]
    Ok, whatever, I just scrapped the blurring, but made the darkening effect a little more intense instead. From a coding point of view, nothing was wrong. It works on a PC, bit not on a Mac. So I think it's some kind of bug with the Mac Flash Player. It makes no other sense as to why it won't work.

I manually set: this.filters = [new BlurFilter(8, 8)];, then trace(this.filters), as well as, this.filters[0]. Both return saying that a BlurFilter object is present. So something buggy is going on, and it's not worth the time figuring that out. Thanks for all of your help!
    [/edit]
    Last edited by MyFriendIsATaco; 02-01-2008 at 02:46 AM.