A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Smart/memory button?

Question Smart/memory button?

Hi,

I have an animated rollover and rollout btn (on rollover goes to nextframe of the animation and so on / on rollout goes to prevframe of the anim and so on). That part is pretty simple, but I'm so lost trying to do this:

If the rollover or rollout anim still running when u leftclick on the button that could continue playing from there to the end and, not only stop there, but also remain in that last frame even when u rollout the button (like a visited link). I know how to create a visited btn kinda link, but I don't know how to solve the first part of the problem.

I hope I expressed myself correctly...., I'm from spain so my english kinda sucks.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by deskarrada; 02-07-2008 at 03:35 PM.

evermoving + immovable wall =?
    I would like to help but I am having trouble understanding. Do you mean that when you click on your button, it plays the animation to the end and stops on the last frame? If this is the problem I might be able to help.

yeeeeeeeeeeeees

Yes, but when u click the button must start playing the animation from the current frame and not from the beginning.

If u mean that.... it would be wanderfull to get some help here, I'm driving myself nuts, 'cause I''m a designer and my programming knowledge is so limmited.

also

also when u rollout the button it remains "pushed" (it remains stopped on that last frame).

Thanks.

OK! Thanks.
    I'll get to work on that. But as of now... IM GOING TO THE RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL! So I'm sorry, but I'll have to get back to you later today.

Ok

Hahaha!

Ok, don't worry, do your thing.

I'll keep checking for any responses.

Thanks again!

Hey. It would really be helpful if you posted your flash file as an attachement. Than I can adust it. Its hard for me... Unlike you, I am a programmer and not a designer!

So you are good at designing, but i'm good at coding!
    So can you post your .fla? That would be helpful.

Here it is

Ok, I made an example.

I'm sure is pretty simple for a programmer... (hope so...hiihihihihi)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry but I haven't figured out this yet. I wasn't sure that you were using the prevFrame function. Sorry but I just make it work

Thats what I have done, but it if u know any other way to acomplish the same, it is no necesary to do it my way. What I need is the result I explained.

Thanks for trying anyway.