A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Links Help Needed

[CS3] Links Help Needed

Hello!
    I've never used Flash before and have recently bought a flash template for my website. I've managed to change the button names but now I need to make the header buttons link to other pages. I've been sent a tutorial to do this but its flying waaaay over my head. I thought I'd done it but when I went to publish my settings I got an error message...

Now I am clueless completely, I've been searching the net for tuts and info on adding links but anything I find talks about things I've never heard of.

Can anyone help me please?

My template is uploaded to my test site www.babydreamz.net/new/site_flash
    I'm using a trial of Adobe CS3 Flash Professional as I couldn't get my file to open in anything else.

Thanks very much

from the errors you are getting it looks as if you pasted the code in the MAIN timeline (like most people recommend doing) but the code you are using is a form of OBJECT code.. meaning it needs to be pasted directly on the button or the movieClip..or..whatever..

Thanks for your reply
    Are you able to explain how I do that, or is it too hard and complicated?
    The flash tut I followed showed hightlighting the button space and pasting the code that was found in the action bit of the first button - does that make sense? The tut didn't have commentary and showed alot of clicking so I had to muddle through
    I could do with a written tut I think, do you know of any I could read?
    Thanks again

Ooh I did it! Not sure I know what exactly I did different but hey I got the links added

its simple.. you either paste the code in a FRAME in the time line..

or you highlight an object (button, movieClip..etc) and paste the code DIRECTLY onto the OBJECT itself..

where you put the code can ALWAYS change the syntax of the code being used..