A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: This site is so crammed

This site is so crammed

I've become aware of Flashkit some years ago. But I've always felt that the site layout is crammed. Seriously crowded in. The tutorials are crammed in the middle the of page and are often spanning several pages. Which each pageload having to wait for the crammed page to render.

Very annoying. I've felt this way for about 2 years now about this site.
    I often would be on tutorialized.com or **********.com etc. And click on a tutorial link and find it directing to here and I hit the back button right away Becuase I cannot bare or learn from such a environment.

#2 On each page load on this forum I have to keep seeing the top part of the page which has about 1 1/4 FEET Of my monitor of what appears to be Ads.
    and have to scroll past it each page load. This site feels like one of the myspace resource sites that throws crammed page with ads at you every turn maximizing every pageload for CPM ads, and gives you a headache making you to take a few aspirins

In conclusion.. But this site gives me headache
    Anyone else agree? Nah this probably will be deleted or locked.

2c

Just don't complain when free sites like one this are gone because you all refused to be 'annoyed' by the ads that kept the site going.

Keep discussion blocking techniques off the forum please. Technically it's a violation of the AUP.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Just don't complain when free sites like one this are gone because you all refused to be 'annoyed' by the ads that kept the site going.
    It's still worth creating a thread about... Even though I (we?) know nothing will change. Just voicing my (our?) option...

The only website worse when it comes to ads is TorrentSpy: http://www.torrentspy.com/

And the best would have to be http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

Peace out.

Double post... Unfortunately. How can I edit my posts? I can't find any edit button, even though it says "You may edit your posts". I said option instead of opinion :\

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    The forums are the greatest resource on this site, and I don't have any problems with their layout. I agree that other parts of the site are a bit crammed, but I never really use them any more.

If enough people complain about the ads, give them an option to subscribe to an ad free version for a few dollars a month. That usually shuts them up.

Quote Originally Posted by lesli_felix
    The forums are the greatest resource on this site, and I don't have any problems with their layout. I agree that other parts of the site are a bit crammed, but I never really use them any more.
    Yeah very true.

Quote Originally Posted by lesli_felix

If enough people complain about the ads, give them an option to subscribe to an ad free version for a few dollars a month. That usually shuts them up.
    It's been tried. It doesn't work. We're also not set up to take payments and it wouldn't be worth the effort to do so.