A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating your own SWF 2 AVI app

Creating your own SWF 2 AVI app

Yeah, I really don't know where to post this so I apologize beforehand if I'm too much off-topic.

What I want to do is to convert a SWF 2 AVI. I know you can do it from within the IDE and I know there are TONS of apps that will do this for me. But I'm kinda looking for the possibility of doing an app of my own that does this.

While the obvious approach would be to real-time capture a window, it seems like there exists other possibilities.

I came across Eltima SWF2AVI which claims to convert frame by frame, and it does it without requiring the OCX to be installed in the system. Does anyone have a clue to how this can be achieved?

I need to create an app which can dump my custom SWFs, frame by frame, without even the slightest hint of a glitch to a video format of my choosing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Banned

maybe u can try Magic Swf2Avi 2008, who can help u convert swf to avi quickly.

Thanks for signing up just to post two identical links to Magic SWF2AVI 2008... please understand that Flashkit has a very strict policy against spam.

Thanks in advance

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Plus the fact that I was looking for a way to recreate the functionality in my own app. If it was just a software package I was looking for I'd have found it already.

Geez

Quote Originally Posted by swordm
    maybe u can try Magic Swf2Avi 2008, who can help u convert swf to avi quickly.
    I've tried this tool, but it works no good for me... if you're interesting, I prefer Flash To Video Encoder....

Most SWF videos are VP6 video with MP3 audio in a FLV container.

The best conversion from VP6/MP3/FLV to ASP/MP3/AVI would be to transcode the video, copy the audio as-is and remux the streams into an AVI container.

You might try iWisoft swf to avi converter which i've used, works well.

Alternatively, you could try FFMPEG. For example, the following command should do the trick:

ffmpeg -i SomeVideo.swf -vcodec libxvid -vtag DX50 -qscale 4 -acodec copy SomeVideo.avi

HI, this SWF AVI Converter from iwisoft is the best swf to avi converter i have tried. hope it can help!