A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rollover sticking

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

With out looking at the code there is no real way to see what is going on. If you want you can send it to me and I will look at it for you. You could use a "if" statement to check the state of the other movies like this:

On (Roll Over)
    If (GetProperty ( "/washigtonst", _currentframe ) > 1)
    Begin Tell Target ("/washingtonst")
    Go to and Stop (1)
    End Tell Target
    End If
    End On

This would force the movies to goto frame one. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

thanks for the reply,

I want to send you the source fla but your email address does not seem to be recieving my attempts at mail. I have tried to send the file to wspencer@rocketmail.com, is this correct?
    email me at fuzzy@kitchenfire.com and I will reply with the fla for your diagnosis,

thank you

Question

I am hoping that you can help me,

I am not sure how to prevent rollovers from sticking. I currently have a map up at www.kitchenfire.com and have attached simple reveal animations to the signs. However, if
    you move the mouse over the signs at various speeds sometimes the rollover sticks. Can
    you set rollover sensitivity?
    Should I change the animation somehow. Basically it is a five frame animation with
    bitmap and mask. The mask size is tweened to reveal the sign and image from bottom up. I
    have a seperate layer for label and actions. In the main scene I attached a tell target to the
    button for the rollover instance. All of the rollovers and buttons only occupy one frame in
    the scene, with a stop action in the actions tab. The buttons are close to each other,
    however, I notice on other sites this does not seem to be a factor.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

fuzzy@kitchenfire.com