A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Adobe AIR submissions

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar

resolved [RESOLVED] Adobe AIR submissions

I asked a while back (in alpha) if we could get an Apollo category (which Planet was kind enough to add) and we had some trouble with submissions since on upload I think the FK site checks for certain things (as best I can recall...maybe Planet remembers). A lot of zips for this category may contain source code in either mxml or other non .fla types and some may even contain AIR installer files that contain the source (extracted upon install) and these oddities from normal flash submissions were buggering the submission (or similar as I recall).

I have some submissions that use everything from native Flex MXML/AIR to Koolmoves/AIR and wonder if we can get the category updated to reflect the AIR name (as opposed to the alpha Apollo) with it being final version now. At the very worst, if we get some submissions in there it will help us in searches for AIR getting a hit or two (lame attempt at coercion )

Thanks Chris, I'll get on this right away and let you know when its ready. As always, thank you kindly for all the great suggestions!

Apollo is no more. It would have to be Adobe AIR. If any old beta or alpha code is floating around it will need to be updated for the current 1.0 runtime or it won't install. Since we have no earlier submissions that made it with the problems we had, we luckily have no alpha or beta code that was stored from earlier submissions and rendered useless

All this assumes you want to carry AIR. Maybe I misunderstood. If the question is should you carry AIR at all....that would be a judgment call and in that case you know what fits best here and I will respect any decision made. I just wanted to revisit the subject since we had trouble submitting last year
    Last edited by Chris_Seahorn; 02-29-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Come back... dammit.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

This should be all ready to go. If you have a submission or something you would like to test, please give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Come back... dammit.
    I have to admit, I do miss the Mod Mafia. Maybe one of the capos will make me an offer I can't refuse

@Planet:

Thanks Mike. I appreciate you getting the category in order (and letting it remain). I'm getting some submission files squared away and will start stuffing them up the pipe ASAP.

Two submitted Mike. These are recent ones and I have a lot of native Flex/AIR submissions coming but nearly every movie for the beta 1/2 I have has to be brought up to 1.0 so I'll be adding more as I go. I got the first confirmation email for both from FK so it's already doing better than last year.