A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash API's for developers!

Manic

Flash API's for developers!

Hi guys

We finally got around to release our first batch of API's and developer tools over at http://nonoba.com

You can now store game data for each user and add high-scores and achievements to your games! The system is pretty elaborate so instead of trying to sort it all out here I suggest anyone who is interested take a look here http://www.nonoba.com/developers

If anyone wonder how an game with achievements and high-scores look I just completed a refurbish of one of my first flash games. The result is called Magic marbles 2 and is a pretty simple flash puzzle. Most of the focus went into polish so do not expect much from the gameplay.

Click the below screenshot to try it out

*Bump*
    Just so you all know, i've tried achievements out on a few of my games i've had on nonoba and so far they've worked great (although my lack of classes crippled me initially) they're very straight forward to use and it seems people like the prospect of rewards because the amount of plays I received got a dramatic increase within the first two days of adding them.

From what I can see the scoreboard and rankboards (which is very clever) work great on the other games there aswell.

Nonoba's become a great place to test your games webside, you can put it in a private place while the games in beta and send it to people you trust who can tell you glitches in the chatbox down the side.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Wow, that looks cool! Wish I had a game I could test it on

Congrats! So many efforts on this.
    Kongregate seems to have the same kind of api despite the user data api is not featured there. But it's along time I didn't check what they've done.

I have the same remark I would make to Kongregate, there are too many games on your site that we see everywhere. Get rid of this and only feature the gmaes that take benefits of your API, your multiplyer servers etc..! That will be more clear for the players.

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sietjp
    Congrats! So many efforts on this.
    Kongregate seems to have the same kind of api despite the user data api is not featured there. But it's along time I didn't check what they've done.

I have the same remark I would make to Kongregate, there are too many games on your site that we see everywhere. Get rid of this and only feature the gmaes that take benefits of your API, your multiplyer servers etc..! That will be more clear for the players.

Regarding what games get exposed we will rearrange the site such that games that interact with our systems will be promoted formost as soon as the base of these are large enough.