A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Complete]: Some new games

[Complete]: Some new games

Some little games I made:
    http://www.tonypa.pri.ee/start.html
    Last edited by tonypa; 03-10-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    It's good! The in-game ads are a bit too much but I guess that's how it's done now!?
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Woho, got the highscore

3 games in one month, do you have some problems to sleep tony ?
    Nicely done. This game + highscore is addictive.

At the begining of the level, when the tiles scroll down, I feel this is not smooth enough on my celeron. It's hard to say because it scrolldown very fast but I'm pretty sure this could be improved.

JP, the scrolling down is weird because it is moving large bitmap over the screen and FP struggles to update the screen. Like I said its exactly same bitmap moving also when only some tiles drop, but it looks much smoother because the area to be redrawn is smaller.

your flash version checking is not working. I have version 9,0,45,0 installed
    Last edited by BlinkOk; 03-02-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Professional Air Guitarist Frag's Avatar
    Brain, Body, Clothes, Computer Chair, Room, House, Neighborhood, City, State, Country, Continent, World, Galaxy, Universe, and on?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkOk
    Seconded in Safari 3.0.4. Firefox works though.

Also, as soon as the sixth? level started I lost instantly. I can only assume this is because there wasn't a single group of 3 on the random generation? Pretty fatal bug, I was doing so well too =( I'd suggest making sure there are at least a few possible 3-tile groups when each new level starts.

Beside those 2 things, good job

I hate flash checks that dont give the option to play on regardless of the warning. Many developers overlook the fact that the player detection is never 100% flawless.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkOk
    It requires 9,0,115 so version detection looks to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Frag
    Also, as soon as the sixth? level started I lost instantly. I can only assume this is because there wasn't a single group of 3 on the random generation?
    Its possible. I am not generating whole stage at once, so cant find available goups before filling the level but I could remove all tiles and send new ones if there is no groups when level starts.

cobacelli tell me the same thing but it works when i run it from jig. would be nice if i had the option to run it anyway

Well, since version detection is only in the html code, the html page in jig only checks for 9,0,0,0. Good to hear that it works for you, but pre 115 players have so many bugs that I still recommend updating to the latest version.

Developer
    I completed the game by simply clicking on groups of blocks without thinking about my next move. Is there supposed to be skill involved?
    now known as dVyper

It's great tony, a relaxing joy to play.
    My only quibble would be the button choice for the high score submit - my first game I clicked done after putting my name in and lost the score. If I'd been paying more attention I wouldn't have, but it's a tiny bit confusing.

I like the game, looks polished and easy to play.
    I see you put the mochiAds between the levels, and want use the opportunity to ask you a question: is it really more effective as they write on their site or not?

I'm about as much into these types of games as you are in my type beat-em ups but I can see that this is quite addictive and actually one of your better titles IMO. Keep 'em coming buddy, one day you'll write the next Tetris and make a big chunk of $$$. Hell you deserve some kind of fat reward just for general services to the Flash games programming world.

Quote Originally Posted by happinessSam
    My only quibble would be the button choice for the high score submit - my first game I clicked done after putting my name in and lost the score. If I'd been paying more attention I wouldn't have, but it's a tiny bit confusing.
    Cant do anything about that, its completely supplied by MochiAds. Not sure if they plan to change button labels (or even what could be better).

Quote Originally Posted by The Helmsman
    I see you put the mochiAds between the levels, and want use the opportunity to ask you a question: is it really more effective as they write on their site or not?
    I dont know. They wont show ad in same game until ~5 minutes has gone so if you finish level faster it continues without the ad. I had an argue about this with Jay, he claiming people hate mid-level ads (eventually quitting) and me saying its better to start playing faster.

Its true that eCPM for interlevel ads in MochiAds is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by tonypa
    I dont know. They wont show ad in same game until ~5 minutes has gone so if you finish level faster it continues without the ad. I had an argue about this with Jay, he claiming people hate mid-level ads (eventually quitting) and me saying its better to start playing faster.
    Thank you for reply!
    I personally prefer to see AD in the beginning of the game and not between game levels, and frankly the only case when I can see myself clicking on some advertisment, is when I come back to the well known game to replay and see Ad which value greater then my desire to replay the game.
    IMHO there are very small amount of people which come to play game for the very first time and instead playing they clicks on Ads
    Sounds crazy, isn't it?

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    I cant see the page because a flash problem and I have the last one

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

just played it over at kongregate. worked just peachy. nice game too. for those it doesn't work for, you might wanna try it over there.

Well, I have changed the version check in html to 9.0.0 for now. You can get some weird bugs if u use pre-0.115 FP tho...