dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CSS - XML - trying to get rid of bullet <li> indent

CSS - XML - trying to get rid of bullet <li> indent

What I'm trying to do is remove the bullet indent from my bulleted lists so that the bullets left align with the rest of the un-bulleted text.

I'm loading css to control the text format and using xml to import content. Within the css document I've created an li style and given it a margin of 0 and padding of 0 as well as trying a number of different combinations but nothing seems to be working. Is it just not possible to do this when you're importing css into your flash doc?

Any help...greatly appreciated!

List by default have padding. Use a negative margin to move it to the left, probably about -50px.

ahhh! Thanks for that! I set the 'text-indent' to -15px and it moved the bullet where I need it...now the only problem is that the wrapping text is still indenting the amount the bullet was originally. For some reason 'padding' and 'margin' don't seem to be making any difference at all. Any ideas on that?

Thanks again!

I think you change the margin in the <ul> not the individual <li>

eg:-

<ul style="margin: 0px">
    <li>
    <li>
    <li>
    </ul>

But if I remember correctly IE and Fox both have their own seperate ideas of what 0px in the UL margin is. @_@

CSS indent on bulleted list

It looks like margin-left:-15px; does the trick, without the indent on a next line of a bulleted item

AP