A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Series Finale`: THE WIRE (spoiler/thoughts)

Series Finale`: THE WIRE (spoiler/thoughts)

Well its been 5 seasons of HOB's: The Wire.. the last episode (ever) aired last night.

Any thoughts?

I gotta say, I didnt feel the heat/drama this series is known for in this last episode.

It did however portray a great insight to how the 'powers that be' work behind closed doors on situations like this.. but as for the players (characters) that kept the show alive and gritty... they were offed quickly and some almost as an after thought.

Michael: (the future Omar?)
    Dookie: the future Bubbles.

Marlow: Back in the game then? that little scene means what? That he just cant stay out of the street? (he is street?)

Slim: Next Marlow/Barqsdale/Prop Joe?

for a 2 hour show (ending) .. I really thought it was severely lacking..

and I have been a hard core fan of this series..

IMHO..

its one of the greats like

OZ
    the SHIELD
    etc..

I thought, overall, it was a good ending. Not perfect, but solid...they wrapped up a lot of things, and left some things inconclusive, but that's life, and for a show that tried to stay as realistic as possible, it made sense.

Only a few things disappointed me. I thought the way Omar was killed was pretty weak. For him to go out like that was a little bit of a let down. I also would have enjoyed seeing Marlo take a bullet to the head, he deserved it...instead he goes free.

This show was one of the greatest shows ever created for television. If only all tv was made like this.

Regarding the last scene with Marlo...at first I thought that's what it meant, that he couldn't stay off the street. He was the street...he didn't fit the other lifestyle.

However at the end you also see Slim Charles meeting up with the Greeks. So it seems Marlo was out.

Also great the way Slim Charles clipped Cheese out of nowhere, great scene.

Yeah Slim needed to cap cheese... good ending for him,.. (finally)

I think the Omar thing needed more..but I also keep thinking..that wold have been the only way to get the drop on him.. he was always on point with everything.

How Kenard played such a big/tough role in other aspects.... I'll never know though.

I just wish they wold have gave more to Chris's story, Michael's story....

the 'other side' that put the wire onthe map to begin with..then with McNulty (which I could care less for).. and the other cops.. I mean the brief 'end up' shots on where they are now were fine.. but I think the Standfield crew and the players needed more.

Marlow needed to get checked I think.. and yeah I did see the co-op meeting with the Greeks now..

I still say those were shots of saying.. yeah things have changed.. but there not really.. (as in there is always another to take the place... Omar/Michael.. kinda of a good twist there... Bubbles/Dookie....etc..

and I agree.. I wish all TV was this good and thought out..

the Shield and OZ are up there as well..

that's a good observation, I never thought of that - Omar/Michael, Bubbles/Dookie. Makes sense.

This season they had the media aspect, but I didn't like it that much. I don't think I liked the characters...the reporter that lied about the serial killer, he was annoying. He ended up getting some kind of award at the end...strange how that story kind of fizzed out.

I still haven't seen the Shield. I heard it's good, but also heard that it can be cheesy. That's one thing I loved about the Wire...hardly ever a moment that seemed hokey.

I also thought it was kind of cool to see Chris and Wee-Bey hanging out in prison. Those two characters are totally insane, imagine those guys as a team loose on the streets.

You don't like McNulty though? I love his character, and as an actor, I don't think there is a Brit that comes close to pulling of an American accent like he does, it's really amazing. I though it was cool what they did with him at the end on the pool talbe, and what Captain Jay said about him...that he never listened to anybody, always broke the rules...but always got his clearances...true police.
    Last edited by Visionray; 03-11-2008 at 04:43 AM.

OMG!.. you are seriously missing out on some good TV with the shield there... I wouldnt have compared the two if it wasnt 'worthy'

yeah Chris & Weebay... lol I saw that.

also watched the re-run last night...

I think Maybe Marlow went back to the streets.. (cause he is the streets)..

but when the little hopper didnt know his name..and they tried to blast him.. I think (after re-seeing..and your point out of the 'connect' with new co-op members)

maybe he was thinking.. he IS down now.. since there really is NO crown type of deal.. you come you go.. since they didnt know who he was?

anyways good tv for the last 5 years..

yeah I'll have to check out the Shield.

So...nobody else watches the Wire here???
    That's insane, it's one of the greatest shows ever..

If you dont know.. the HBO series (off air now) called OZ is another awesome series that launched a TON of careers...