A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: turtlepondpark.com

turtlepondpark.com

Hey everyone! I've been working on this site since 6/07 and would really appreciate feedback. Just keep in mind that I'm only 17 and only been doing this for about 9 months. I'm no expert like most of you probly are, so I know my projects especially my early ones are pretty bad...

btw im lookinh to go to school for this sort of stuff. im lookin to major in Comp Science & Engineering. Is there anyone out there who could tell me what this might entail?

If you actually did the actionscript behind the flash stuff, then at 17, not bad!

Again(if YOU did the actionscript), you have the same problem I do, yer much more a developer than a designer, I would work on your design skills. Or better partner up with an artist.

There are some coding bugs that a beginner would make, the russian sound for istance in the jeopardy game.

But with some serious practice you have a bright future.

edit: on the school thing, go to an accredited school, I seen designers taking classes called "Advanced reflective surfaces" for thousands! rediculous!

Take classes like: programming in C and the like, developer skills are of more value than designer skills. Just a hint: I'm the developer here, my salary range is 20k higher than the designers I work right next too.
    Last edited by rynoe; 03-12-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rynoe
    Just a hint: I'm the developer here, my salary range is 20k higher than the designers I work right next too.
    Your painting with a very broad brush.

Wow Thank you so much! that feels great coming from someone who actually knows what he's doing (btw i did do the actionscript, although i think i love clocks too much)

Quote Originally Posted by drew252
    Your painting with a very broad brush.
    True, I know there are some fantastic gifted designers who are very successful because they are talented and work hard. I certainly don't mean to minimize that. As a matter of fact I have seen a few artists do some amazing things who only use simple tweens and stop().

I was simply trying to encourage him because although his design skills are a bit, shall we say, under-par. The actionscript involved in making some of those games from a 17 year old seems really promising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]