A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Smoke Creation

Smoke Creation

Hi all of you,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the creation of smoke in adobe flash 8. I have been searching the internet for good tutorials on this but can find any.

The kind of smoke I would be look for would be like this showing on this site www.trydrugs.net

I would appreciate any help at all, even if its give me a link to a good tutorial

Thanks for reading this , have a nice day

Chris

Haha! Oh, my...

I'm pretty sure what you see there is nothing but mere FLV file of live footage of smoke in the background; well, either of that or [less likely] of pre-rendered CGI smoke but it doesn't matter. What matters is that you can rest assured it's not something created programmatically using ActionScript that Flash Player renders out in real time. (You must be really, really new to this scene if you assumed otherwise ).
    I'm not saying it's impossible to create smoky particle effects using ActionScript (with intermediate skills), but not nearly that nice.
    If you want to reproduce something similar to what you saw on trydrugs.net, you basically need to find/buy stock footage of smoke (or shoot it yourself), encode the footage in FLV format, and load it in into your flash project.

WindowsXP SP2 Flash CS3 Pro, Actionscript 2.0