A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: applescript editor for PC

applescript editor for PC

Hi all,

Here's the thing,

I've been trying to implement a way to view PDFs from the projector and thankfully i ran into northcode's proxy and smartExec function solutions.

But i'm having trouble implementing the applescript since i don't have a mac here at work, now i'm trying to write an applescript on the pc but i'm failing to find an editor that could do either:
    - the editing
    - the conversion from txt to applescript

If any of you guys know a way to write an applesscript without owning a mac i'd apreciate the answer,

thanks

Crociquia

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    I've had problems EXECing uncompiled script files so I prefer to always compile them to app files. You can write the applescript on the PC in notepad but you won't be able to compile it to an app file without a Mac.

So i guess I'm at dead-end here, my only choice seems to write all my scripts as a .txt and ask for someone with a mac to compile those for me, sounds like a crappy workflow, lol. can't believe there's no applescript compiler/builder for PCs for those of us who need to make hybrids but lack one of the two....

Thanks for the fast answer tho!

Only one more question concerning the applescript thing please,
    should the applescript be inside the fscommand folder or can the .app launch the applescript from anywhere? (with designated path)

Anything you want to EXEC from Flash has to be in the fscommand folder. Once you launch something else from the fscommand folder, it can do whatever it wants (unless it is a Flash app).

Northcode (or anyone else that knows how to launch files from a mac projector) - I've been trying to launch .app files using applescripts from a Flash CS3 projector. It works fine with the windows projector (using .exe files). In the Mac projector, it doesn't launch the applescript at all. The applescript is fine, when I run it, it runs the program i told it to. Please reply soon.

The guys at http://www.atomiksoftware.com/ discovered that a bug in the Flash 9 player was preventing their software from being able to use EXEC from Flash on the Mac.