dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smash Bros - Brawl

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar

Smash Bros - Brawl

Who picked it up today? Couple kids on the floor got it and it is amazing. Better to just play with gamecube controllers.

Made a custom map where it is a closed in box with just one gap at the top with a small platform inside with spikes and the outside top of the box with spikes. The only way to lose is once your % is high enough when you get hit good enough you bounce around like a pinball and shoot out the top.

Whoever has a Wii get it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i just watched the IGN video review of it, and i think it'll be worth a buy.

of course, i'll be renting it first

I'm not a fan of the series... it's just a bunch of button mashing to me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Smash Bros for Gamecube made the gamecube worth it. I'll have to get this one.

my b-day is tomorow. thats the only thing stopping me from buying it is that i may get it as a present.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    from who...?

i dunno, anyone really. girlfriend, family, girlfriends family.

i have a $10 giftcard to wal-mart online that i got when they put up a pre-purchase for ssbb for 29.86 before it came out, then cancled everyones order cause obviously it was a mistake, then they sent out the giftcards.

I picked it up 12am release day.
    Gamecube controllers work best, but the classic and wiimote work fine. It, like it's predecessors is a decidedly different fighting game. Due to infusing classic nintendo play-control, it leans more towards 2-d action game than a fighter. You can't expect to stand there, guard and counter combo a la street fighter. This is a knock down drag out BRAWL and while it looks like a button masher on the surface, the depth is definitely there and reply goes up along side your skills.

pikachu just aint fair though

Ok, so on top of the Wii's obtuse Wii Code system, there's a separate code for the damn game? Say what you will about Microsoft, at least they know how to architect an online service.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

i played last night, a few games got really really laggy, but then others were perfect not a bit of lag.

friend codes are the worst idea ever.

I'm having a ball with the one player adventure. They really got this feature right this time. The donkey kong stage felt like a stage straight out of DKC. It the perfect way to get familiar with all the characters.

just got it tonight. I usually rent first, but figured i'd buy into the hype...literally.

i went right into the 1st player adventure without touching a thing. Played for about 2 hours and had a friggin blast. I feel like i'm button mashing, and i'm playing on the wii classic controller, but i think i'll get a hold of it soon.

Then i went into the other options just to take a look, and this game is much bigger than i thought it was. For the first time in a really long time, i'm looking forward to tackling this game. I've never been into fighter games, been meh with platform games, but the way they've pulled this game together is what i've been looking for.

awesome.

i use the wii remote, the GC controller seemed sluggish when i was getting used to playing, now that im getting good again im developing stratagies. and button mashing a lot less.

Do you use any waggle motions with the wiimote silver? I haven't checked that part out yet. I've played more with the GC controller but I like the classic too. I've played of lot of game and I'm only 18% done with the one player. Dayum!

i think i'm missing a lot of the extras in the game for the short time i've been playing. i'm not sure what those stickers do, or any of those other things you collect.

plus the big yellow coin you can throw...dunno what that actually does. And i'm not going to read any walkthroughs...i'm assuming the game eventually explains it to you?

BRAWL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love the original Smash Brothers too. That one is fun. I'm still trying to earn master hand, Giant Donkey Kong, and Metal Mario. I found out how on some webstie somewhere.
    <a href="http://www.projectpet.tk">Project PET</a>

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    i think i'm missing a lot of the extras in the game for the short time i've been playing. i'm not sure what those stickers do, or any of those other things you collect.

plus the big yellow coin you can throw...dunno what that actually does. And i'm not going to read any walkthroughs...i'm assuming the game eventually explains it to you?

the stickers give you + damage, on the map screen there is a option to goto stickers, select the character you like and put stickers on him and he does more damage with bonuses the stickers give,

that gold coin i just found out last night when you throw it, and it hits an enemy it turns them into a trophy.

i dont think brawl supports the waggle, i usse just the wiimote no nunchuck.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    the stickers give you + damage, on the map screen there is a option to goto stickers, select the character you like and put stickers on him and he does more damage with bonuses the stickers give,

that gold coin i just found out last night when you throw it, and it hits an enemy it turns them into a trophy.
    yeah, i figured that the stickers did that, but is it all the time? or is it a one time use?

and i see you can collect the trophies...do they end up acting like stickers? or is it one of those extranious goals to collect a trophy of every baddy in the game?

dunno yet.

the stickers i think its for the duration of the single player campaign