dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] PLEASE help with importing PNGs

[CS3] PLEASE help with importing PNGs

First of all, thanks in advance for any help.

I recently finished working through Lynda.com's Flash CS3 Essential Training course. I learned there that PNGs could be imported, and if there's just a white background, other backgrounds could be seen, through anti-aliasing. That worked fine for the example they gave me. I imported their supplied PNG and changed the background color, and it worked fine.

I am now working on a project where I have drawn a image of a beach, and want to put my family on it. I took a picture of all of us, and then went into Paint. I erased all surrounding areas, so that there was just my family and a white background. I saved that file as a PNG. I then went into Flash, and imported that video onto the stage. However, it showed the white background around my family, and did not do correct anti-aliasing (is that the right term? I;m pretty sure it is). Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Please respond quickly, as I am eager to finish this project!

anybody??? Please help!!!!

1st, not just any png, a png 24 that preserves transparency. there is also png 8, which will end up looking like a gif. 2nd, was the entire white background behind the family still white (that means transparency is not preserved) or just the aliasing around your family white (that means it's a png 8 and not 24)?
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

Paint won't let you output anything transparent. You'll need a program like photoshop or similar that will allow you to delete the background layer (typically will show up as white) so that you can output a png-24 or gif which will all preserve transparent values