A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Humble Games presents Moko Moko

Humble Games presents Moko Moko

Humble Games is humble to present its very first Flash game, Moko Moko.

Here.

Mostly for kids and nostalgics. Have fun.
    j
    Last edited by duckotaco; 03-28-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Doesn't seem to work. After clicking on "1 Player", nothing ever displayed except "Moko Moko".

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Works fine here, as I have stated before, I like the gfx, but I still don't think the movement has the right "feel".

The "swear box" is also nice
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Sorry Teals, I probably did an update of the file while you were there. Should work now.
    I know what you mean with the control, phreax. My developer wanted to keep it like that
    In my personal opinion, it could be better but it's alright in the end. It reminds me of the clumsy controls in the commodore. It was one of the reason the classic were so fun.
    But times have changed and so expectations...
    Last edited by duckotaco; 03-28-2008 at 09:10 AM.

I feel the same way about the controls. Still don't seem right to me.
    Tell your programmer that he is the worst person to give his opinion on the controls as he's spend the most time with them so of course he's learned to use them just right.

Oh damn, I hope he never reads that. He's very sensitive and jealous of those not-so-right controls. Anyways I agree. I'm not sure if I can be objective either, as I played enough to become good and natural with them.

Please notice though, that we developed the multiplayer mode first, and regarded it as the main gaming experience. Try those controls. You'll probably find them better there - they're the same, but as the space is reduced, you have less accelleration/deceleration and the sorts. It's fun in two player mode. My programmer didn't care much of the single player mode

ps: i think the best thing about the game is the box - this is so very 8 bit era. Nice box, the game sucks. That fact stimulates the kid's imagination.

You can see a rendered box spinning on the game's site - ambient occlusion in Cinema 4D did the job. I hope to distribute it in cardboard version, with no game inside. Who cares about the game.

Maybe I should post this in a CG forum.

Student
    my web- flash player crashed,- says it has a infinite loop (not good)- so I wasn´t able to play this time.
    It crashed after the mochi ads when I already saw the paddle and pressed enter or something to start.

Mmh. I know why. Fixing that...

Works now. Pheew.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, render. Now you can tell me what you think.
    Last edited by tonypa; 03-28-2008 at 11:46 AM.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    It doesnt work, stalls after I hit 1player.

Can't be. It works here.
    Last edited by duckotaco; 03-28-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Its nice but nothing new, the graphics were really "cute" (i.e shiny ) but the single player difficulty curve wasn't very good. The first level was soo long it got immensly boring and then the second level was a cake-walk!
    If your developer isn't putting his all into these things then either he's lazy and needs to be forced to change these things (if he's being paid of course) or he doesn't know a what or how to fix it.

Of course what I said above makes the game seem bad but it really isn't, if the SP levels were created a little better then this game would be top notch

"I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Thanks for your feedback. First level is indeed boring as hell. Working on this. Also I would like the more "fun" levels (there are some nice levels ahead, with drawings and retro' references) to come earlier.
    Thanks again.

I've changed the first level. I encourage people to check out the references on the levels to come. You might find nice surprises.

The Cheeze to Your Macaroni ColbyCheeze's Avatar
    Having to control two at once is an interesting twist, but it is still a breakout clone. Besides that it was alright though :P

why don't you make a mouse/keyboard option I'm very used to play this games with the mouse.
    I did a similar game once, is in my website(signature), if you want you can check it out.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Ok it works now.

Nicely presented, I like the musical jingles at the beginning and end of levels.

Mouse control would be better though.

The 1st level is painful and there's very little strategy to the rest of the game. You should consider having map elements like bombs that when hit destroy a large amount of bloks - and tubes that when shot into spit the puck out in other places. Games like these without strategic elements are pretty dull - most of the time when I got the shoot 'em up option it was more a sigh of relief than YAY!

Why not do mouse control and keyboard control?

Also the pucks angle is chosen by its position on the bat and completely disregards how fast the bat was moving. That definately needs looking at.

Overall not bad but a bit slow for todays fast paced - short but fun - flash games. I say - be more mental!
    Last edited by Philip B; 03-29-2008 at 08:24 AM.

I agree with the other remarks.
    The gameplay is too closed to other breakout clones IMO.
    The speed of the ball / deopping bonuses is too slow IMO (maybe because of keyboard controled pad that doesn't allow to go as fast as with mouse).
    Lovely graphics.