A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button - Behaviours And Actions Problems

Button - Behaviours And Actions Problems

I'm running through a series of tutorials as I get up to speed with Flash development, and the current subject matter is buttons.

Creation of buttons is fine, however, I can't get any behaviour or action to work once applied.

To make sure there are no errors in my button creation, I have (for test purposes) created a button on the stage from the common library, just a standard button.

Behaviours - From the tutorial (book) I have been utilising, it states select the button, bring up the behaviours window and then apply a behaviour, for simplicity I opted for the open an internet URL behaviour, standard adobe URL address, _blank, and to activate On Release, done... CTRL+Enter to run movie, button works, does nothing....

Actions - Same button - different project, right click add Actions, add the following code : -

on (press, release) {
    getURL("http://www.adobe.com", "_blank");
    }

done... CTRL+Enter to run movie, button works, does nothing....

What on earth am I doing wrong here, I've tried numerous different things, but can't get any action or behaviour to complete, would like some help on what I may be doing wrong / missing out here ?

FLASH CS3 btw, if that helps any.

Regards

Sorry, the Actions code should have been

on (release) {

//Goto Webpage Behavior
    getURL("http://www.adobe.com","_blank");
    //End Behavior
    }

Anyway, still can't figure this out, I can launch music, video, but just can't link out to a webpage, is there a setting somewhere I'm supposed to have clicked ?

Thanks

Hi,

I've been able to figure out what the problem is, but I'd still like some clarification on how to fix the issue ?

Basically, the only way I could get an URL to launch was to export the movie out completely, in the export options, under Local Playback Security, the option was set to Access Local Files Only, by setting this to Access Network Only, running the .swf then gives the correct result and launches the URL.

Ok, working now....

but...

The book I have states this should work when I test the movie, CTRL + Enter, yet it doesn't, is there similar options anywhere I should be setting so that this will run correctly when testing the movie, rather than having to export each time I 'test' something, please help.