A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: In search of: Watery/splashy font

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar

In search of: Watery/splashy font

I'm going to be doing some water related sites and am trying to find a font that looks like spilled water.

Here's something to give you an idea of what I mean:

I'd like to capture the feeling of extreme water sports with the look of the font.
    Speed boats, jet skis, surfing, etc.

I'd actually like to find a couple of different fonts along the same line so I'm not using the exact same font on all sites... but I'd settle for finding just one good one to start.

If anyone knows of a font that might work I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

What, no suggestions at all?!?
    I'm surprised.

Feel free to offer up a font that might be close to the idea and feel I'm going for even if you don't think it matches exactly the "water splash" design.

Maybe even a sloppy paint brushed / finger painted / scribbled kind of font could be reworked to fit the bill.
    C'mon people, throw me a bone if you can.
    I've been searching tons of free font sites and you all know how mind-numbingly bleary-eyed and repetative that gets.
    I'm about ready to tear my eyeballs out with a broken pencil to end my misery... you don't want that on your concious now, do you?

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Rogue
    Maybe even a sloppy paint brushed / finger painted / scribbled kind of font could be reworked to fit the bill.
    this might be a push, but possibly?

if any of them are any good, they're from here.

they are (from top to bottom):
    blobs
    exoneration
    liquidismpart2
    huckle buff

or one of these:

Last edited by carly1979; 03-31-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks Carly, out of those you found, Huckle Buff and Splatz are probably the nearest in look to what I have in mind.

This is driving me nuts cause somewhere in the recesses of my brain is the memory of seeing this font somewhere before and I just can't get a handle on it.... damn 70's stole all the important braincells...

loyal, have you thought about possibly either editing one of those fonts above in a font creator program

....or....

creating your graphics in photoshop with some watery filters and then creating an action to do a bunch?