A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] PDF in Flash. how to access the text !

[CS3] PDF in Flash. how to access the text !

Hey,
    I want to develop a flash based pdf viewer, something like this ! But to me it is important that the users can access the text. The Users should be able to mark the text and copy it. Is it possible to do something like this with flash ?

Regrades Snoop1990 from snoop1990.uni.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop1990
    Hey,
    I want to develop a flash based pdf viewer, something like this ! But to me it is important that the users can access the text. The Users should be able to mark the text and copy it. Is it possible to do something like this with flash ?

Regrades Snoop1990 from snoop1990.uni.cc
    Please HELP ! Please HELP ! Please HELP !

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop1990
    Please HELP ! Please HELP ! Please HELP !
    Any ideas ?

By the way my webaddress changed it is snoop1990.co.cc by now ! Regrades Snoop1990

Take a look at the ideas/links here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...light=pdf+view

gl

Quote Originally Posted by PureAlbino
    Take a look at the ideas/links here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...light=pdf+view

gl
    Thank you, but this does not answer my question !

I'm sorry, you wanted a yes or no answer?

Quote Originally Posted by PureAlbino
    I'm sorry, you wanted a yes or no answer?
    Exactly ! I already read those posts and the others in this forum about this topic, but to me it always sounds like coping each .pdf side as an image. But my users should be able to mark and copy text (which is impossible on an image). So my question is:

IS there any way how to integrate a pdf file in flash, so the viewer can mark and copy ? (viewer on the web, my application is going to be used on an webpage)

Have you try Flash Paper? it's an adobe family product. You can import your pdf to swf and has a built-in search, mark, and copy-paste.

I agree with wawan... i have looked into the whole PDF online thing through flash and the only way currently is using Flash Paper, as PDF's are made to be compiled documents and cannot be edited/marked up in Flash alone.
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Quote Originally Posted by wawan312
    Have you try Flash Paper? it's an adobe family product. You can import your pdf to swf and has a built-in search, mark, and copy-paste.
    No I have not used it by now, cause it costs (Single user license) $79 ! I was looking for a cheap solution ... Thought it might be possible to write something like this on my own, but it seems to be impossible ! But thanks for your tip I am going to buy flash paper if I do not find any other solution.

I think the first step we should access is text extration from pdf files. Any suggetion?