A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Vista, Mac hacked... Linux triumphs

Vista, Mac hacked... Linux triumphs

The MacBook Air went first; a tiny Fujitsu laptop running Vista was hacked on the last day of the contest; but it was Linux, running on a Sony Vaio, that remained undefeated as conference organizers ended a three-way computer hacking challenge Friday at the CanSecWest conference.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

You could argue that there is less motivation to hack Linux, but that is still impressive that it was the only thing unhacked.

Miller said that he chose to hack the Mac because he thought it would be easiest target. Vista hacker Macaulay didn't dispute that assertion: "I think it might be," he said.
    Interesting. I'd bet the fanboy population around here would have something to say about this!
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

OSX was the only one to actually be 'hacked'. On the last day when they couldn't get Vista or Ubuntu, they told them they could install applications, so they installed flash and used a flash exploit.

Meanwhile Adobe will soon be releasing a new version of the flash player without the vulerablilty.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    From that article it said that the exploit used on Vista was using Java and that the same exploit most likely affects OSX and Linux so even though Linux didn't get hacked, it's most likely because no one wanted to hack it. The article did say:
    Some of the show's 400 attendees had found bugs in the Linux operating system, she said, but many of them didn't want to put the work into developing the exploit code that would be required to win the contest.
    Did they just want Linux to look perfect?
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.