A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Couple" photoshoot - LOTS of photos.

"Couple" photoshoot - LOTS of photos.

So today I was planning on going out on a photo shoot with the lady and had an idea for ONE photo to do. Then our other friend Andrew came home a day early and just happened to have a tux to go along with her. The best part of this "couples" shoot is that the female is my girlfriend and the guy doesn't like girls

Couple 1

Couple 1 - BW

Couple 2

Couple 3

Couple 4

Couple 4 - BW

Couple 5

Couple 6

Couple 7
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 04-05-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Couple 8

Couple 9

Couple 10

Couple 11

Couple 12

Couple 13

A few of just the lady

Elsa 1

Elsa 1 - BW

Elsa 2
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Elsa 3

Elsa 4

Elsa 4 - BW

Elsa 5

couple 5 and 8 as well as elsa 3 are damn near perfect in my book.

be careful...Ondraedon or Fearless may use her in their next image...she's got that look.

Yeah I made her go over the top with the eye shadow. She usually only has eye liner on. Thank god for theater kids needing intense makeup bags

The shots like #8 I was a little disappointed in because the DOF is SO intense. I had my lens all the way at 50mm f/2.8. I should of used a higher f stop and kept a little bit more of him in...

Best Friends Forever azphotoguy's Avatar
    I think that Couple 9 is a good idea, but I think it would have worked better with more of the guys face visible. Maybe being a half step back or leaning out in front more. just my opinion.
    I am with lefty on Elsa 3 and Couple 8, both very good.

Nikonist
    Looks like you had great fun shooting these...
    I go for 6 because I like the way she turns around to give a last glance though I would have loved to see her a bit sharper.
    In 6 and 8 I think the DOF on him is just fine...he is the bad and we don't want the bads in a good focus!
    Elsa 3 is bit too hard in contrast for my taste...this shot in b/w would be interesting to see...her eyes are fascinating and inspiring for more great photos with her!
    Couple 12 needs a more dramatic expression in his face...he is giving her a smile but I figure him desperate longing for her...look at their hands grabbing the net!
    Good work!...all 3 of you!
    Last edited by frex; 04-06-2008 at 01:32 AM.
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Quote Originally Posted by azphotoguy
    I think that Couple 9 is a good idea, but I think it would have worked better with more of the guys face visible. Maybe being a half step back or leaning out in front more. just my opinion.
    I did have him try and lean more forward but it seemed to much like he was TRYING to do it for the photo- not natural.

Thanks for all the comments. I am hoping to do more portrait work soon.

You use off camera flash for this? How are you metering the flash? TTL?

Elsa 3 is fantastic, great eyes
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Yeah I have my speedlite 430EX on an off-shoe cable with my homemade ring light box off arms length to the left.

couples 4, 5, 11, and elsa 3, 5...... plus loads more. love them.

elsa 3 is insane. One of the surreal shots that you have to look twice to see if its real. They're all really cool shots. nice work.

Best Friends Forever azphotoguy's Avatar
    Hey WB, pass on the congrats to your lovely model for the POW!! Good work to you both!!

I told her