A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ARDesigns.net

Flasher

ARDesigns.net

Finally finished my site after a LOT (about 6 months ) of procrastination...

http://www.ardesigns.net

What do you guys think? Feedback? Comments? Bugs?

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933

AS3 Mod
    Here is my thoughts:

I don't like the huge black border.

I don't like the content box in the middle being the same color as the background.

I think the tween / bounce easing takes too long, it should be shortened so it bounces faster.

Your contact form and price quote form allow you to leave every field blank and has no error checking.

The blue does not mesh well with the red you used at all.

The grey/white font color is kind of hard to read.

Overall the entire design is not pleasing to the eye.

Hopefully you can take that as constructive critisism and improve your site

Flasher
    Thanks for the feedback! The bouncing is supposed to move faster, it looks different between OS's and browsers . What color do you suggest I change the buttons to? Also, the greyish text is there because I tried to avoid from using white. Do you think white would look better?

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933

Simplicity can be very effective, but I think that in this cae it doesn't really work - mainly 'cause the site looks quite dated to me.
    .:- bugger -:.

Your site looks to big and bold and very old, also the first page does not display correct for me.

Colour scheme is rather bad also the blue and red not realy working for me.

cheers jay.

All they said plus.. I know it is not monotone but because the content background color is the same as the page's background makes it look like its monotone or maybe its just me. The way you used the drop shadow is very amateurish, subtlety is the key here.

The color scheme is screaming for alot of changes. Try using Adobe's Kuler tool, very useful.

And they're right with the transitions. Try making it really nice and again, subtle. The font sizes too big for my taste and not very attractive.

I hope you dont get all these the wrong way. Goodluck!

Flasher
    Thanks for the link! Kuler is great!

~Sportzguy933

I totaly agree with changing the color scheme, blue and red don't get along with each other well. Also, I get sort of a strange page at first that I assume is a splash page and all I see is grey and a thick red line. I don't know if it is designed that way or firewalls are blocking something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The splash screen looks cheesy. You need to center it and remove the space at the top and bottom. The Flash player button is hard to ready and pixelated. Your enter button is bigger than the site title which isn't good.

You need to put up examples of your abilities as a designer and also put more time into working on your site's design. The content is too plain and the border of the site looks weird... dark, quick, needs a lot of design added to it. The contact us form is too far on the right.

Lastly, try standardizing the fonts and working on type solutions because as it stands you're using 4 on the pricing section.

-NITIN ANAND-
    http://www.NANAND78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

I think the site needs to be more than just TEXT...

I really dont see anything of interest.. there is NO natural focal point on any page to grab your attention.

the use of gradients seems.. very 90's

your site has no DEPTH, no EMOTION/FEEL to it.. just kinda of BLAH & VAGUE

-_-
    The first thing I see is the fonts..... find some new ones. dafont.com has thousands of free, quality fonts. They only take a second to download and install, so why not use them? As others said, change the color scheme. Blue and red just don't work together. I think you have a good layout, but the site needs some work on the color/design/style thing.

looks pretty good but your a little obsessed with Copperplate or whatever that font is

-Dylan

-_-
    Its copperplate.