dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My experience with the FlaskKit freelance board...

My experience with the FlaskKit freelance board...

Was awesome!

I made a post and got PM'ed from several different users.

The first to contact me through AIM was rajkataria17 and we discussed the project and price in detail

We agreed and he even did the work before I paid.

He was easy to reach at all times - reliable and definitely talented!

So if you're looking for GREAT work at a reasonable price I wouldn't hesitate to contact

Rajkataria17

Rajkataria17@gmail.com or AIM

AKA [ Paul Bainbridge] webdreamer's Avatar
    Personally i would not trust a newly registered user with under 10 post to show for himself.
    If i could find any other information on this person then i might think differently.
    .: To me AS is like LEGO, Only for the big Kids :.
    - Site - Blog - Twitter - Linkedin
    bringmadeleinehome.com

lol are you sure this isn't Rajkataria17 himself
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer

Christ give me some Credit
    Of course it is.
    bringmadeleinehome.com

Why don't you guys show some...... [I DONT KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW RULES... and YES I KISS MY MOTHER WITH THIS MOUTH].... respect - the guy helped me out and showed me some of the best customer service i've ever seen - i'm giving him props, is there a problem with that? Regardless if you take the word of a newly registered member or not - the guy has skills and if it wasn't for the board I would have been screwed.

thanks for ruining an honest post

mod edit:
    **you've been warned.. do it again..your gone.
    Last edited by whispers; 04-11-2008 at 05:44 PM.

www.rajkataria.com rajkataria17's Avatar
    Here I come...
    Hello Friends,
    First of all, I am really grateful to Jackpot_Johnny for such kind of respect he has shown to me and my work/service.

Yes, its true that I am new at FlashKit's Forums... but definitely not new to Flash and Web Development...

But no worries, everybody has right to say whatever they think about someone...
    No complains to webdreamer and silentweed... it happens sometime...

I know one thing that its not me who has started this post... it is one of my clients... Mr. Jackput_Johnny... I found him at this forum... he was looking for some flash person who can make a project for him within the given time period and reasonable price...

It was really nice working experience with him and I guess he also liked my work thats why he has posted this...
    I appreciate your comments sir.

Thanks you all,
    Raj Kataria

add-on

Before this thread is closed for being off-topic in this section...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow new users to receive PM's because people looking for freelancers are usually new users and sometimes don't post their email address in their description.

Yes I believe that is a most excellent idea. The individual I tried to help out provided no sort of information, and was unable to PM him. I understand the risk of PM abuse and whatnot, but would be really helpful for the Freelance boards
    If you need any help, feel free to email me at bluehippoflash [at] gmail.com or on AIM at BlueHippoFlash

Or view my new portfolio here!

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Jackpot Johnny and Raj Kataria have very different writing styles.

Raj has broken English, And Jackpot Johnny has better, but less formal English. I'm guessing that JJ speaks English as his first language, whilst Raj does not.

I'm guessing they're different people, although Raj's style is *very* easy to fake.

The insincere and somewhat exaggerated post at the beginning of this thread still suggests that something suspicious is going on. JJ sounds too much like he's trying to sell something.

An honest recommendation usually sounds more like a casual comment than a tabloid headline.

Enthusiasm

I think the recommendation has the right enthusiasm, someone willing to go back and post isn't going to leave a casual comment. The only recommendations I see on this board are the same. I forgot which post they were though.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzoic
    ...The only recommendations I see on this board are the same...
    Yes, unfortunately, they all look like that, don't they?

Iv'e had about 80% of my work from dev forums over the past 4-5 years. I landed a job with a top media agency(theory7.com) through post's on the the dev forums but i have yet to see any feedback posted about myself on them.
    Most companies that have approached me in recent years found me through dev forums also.
    bringmadeleinehome.com

ok boys... listen up.

1.) Jackpot_Johnny, you use language like that again around and your GONE.. period.. no questions asked.. no comments made. You agreed to a set of rules when you joined up.. re-read them & constrain yourself.

You certainly have NOT 'gave back' to this community in any way "I" can see (not that you have to or its mandatory).. but those that ARE here all the time..(hepling for free)...and do have a larger post count are more KNOWN around here...

we constantly see (as all forums do) new members who sign up to spam, self promote or otherwise cause mis-direction of some kind.

This will ALWAYS out weigh the REAL & TRUE complements.. deal with it. its a by product of internet and 'kids' from all over.

2.) the FREELANCE forum really isnt the place to be posting thing NOT JOB RELATED.. if you wanted to.. why not just make a NEW post in your ORIGINAL thread where you met your 'freelancer'?? and update that job posting with the results of your dealings with said member/freelancer?

3.) I believe everyone has the ability to receive PM's.. if they DO NOT TURN THEM ON..that is a preference or choice they have made. (again..deal with it)

If you have hung out on these forums for ANY length of time..you see the 'mood' here is very lax and humbling.. we all make & take jokes here.. so you need a somewhat thicker skin (especially in the Coffee Lounge Area)

I think if you took this scenario off the forum and it was NOT flash related, you would see the that your reaction is very uptight and rude.

if some guy off the street told you about some SUPER, AWESOME GREAT DEAL.. what would you think? How would you re-act?

now if this guy was someone who you had seen before.. was a regular at the same spot you hung out.. had facts or images or whatever it was to back up his claims.. wouldnt that set your mind at ease more? Its absurd to expect people to trust something they noting about.. at least without realistic expectations on how people will re-act.

[thread closed]