dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: confused with a clip timing

Hybrid View

confused with a clip timing

Very confused

I will try to explain this and I hope that someone will be able to help me out.
    I purchased a template 17924 from templatemonster.com. When I originally got it, the little movie in the template had a country lawn with a tree at night gradually changing to a day and sun would rise. When the day reached its peak, white clouds and birds were flying by in the sky above the image. I changed the image to a city and made images so that it kind of looked similar and it worked fine. I did not upload it to a server and I kept it at the local HD. I brought home a copy so that I could continue to work on it.
    Then the something happened and the movie is starting from day and ending at night (!), and now it goes from day and ending at night. Now it is changed and it goes from night today to bright day and then it is changed to a desert kind of a heat red haze. The problem is that it is on all the computers and the templatemonster site the same. How is it possible? I tried to clear cache or rename the movie clip, nothing happened. I am very confused and frustrated with what is happening. Any suggestions please?

Do you have any .swfs you could provide us so we are more aware of what the problem is? I'm trying to visualize it in my head, but I seem to be a bit lost
    If you need any help, feel free to email me at bluehippoflash [at] gmail.com or on AIM at BlueHippoFlash

Or view my new portfolio here!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHippo
    Do you have any .swfs you could provide us so we are more aware of what the problem is? I'm trying to visualize it in my head, but I seem to be a bit lost
    Since I could post only small file (mine is around 2MB) I could either email it to you or you can see the original template at:
    http://www.templatemonster.com/flash...tes/17924.html
    I will be posting it on my server, however the programm that I use to ftp is in my office. So are the ftp logon detils. Thank you for your quick response.

I am even more confused today then yesterday...
    Now, somehow, without even opening the flash file, everything works fine on all computers including the server and the templatemonster site. Yesterday the timing was all srewed up as I described it i the original post.
    It almost looks like someone else has a control over the file.
    See uploaded version at
    http://optimuspm.com/optimus/newlatest.html.
    How do I send you the swf file? it is around 10MB?

You could try uploading it to spam the web, but i'm not sure what the file limit it. If not, you can try uploading.com, although i've not used it before.

but if that's the swf on the url you posted, there's no reason to upload it, i can see it for myself
    If you need any help, feel free to email me at bluehippoflash [at] gmail.com or on AIM at BlueHippoFlash

You could try uploading it to spam the web, but i'm not sure what the file limit it. If not, you can try uploading.com, although i've not used it before.

but if that's the swf on the url you posted, there's no reason to upload it, i can see it for myself
    It is in the same folder and named the same. I just checked it and it goes now from day to night. again, yet I did not touch it. Could this be time sesitive? If it is time sensitive, how do I turn it off? I need only from nigh to day. PLEASE HELP before I get insane... !
    TNX!

It very well could be. You'd have to send the .fla over to me if you'd like me to investigate, however, I'm not the best actionscripter in the world, but I'm willing to give it a shot

Use you send it and email it to me at bluehippoflash@gmail.com and i'll do what i can

It very well could be. You'd have to send the .fla over to me if you'd like me to investigate, however, I'm not the best actionscripter in the world, but I'm willing to give it a shot

Use you send it and email it to me at bluehippoflash@gmail.com and i'll do what i can
    You are the best. THe fla is 7.41MB so hopefully it will go thorugh...