dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Burning to DVD

Is it possible to burn a flash movie to play in a stand alone DVD player?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

I'm sure it would as a data / storage format but that seams to be a bit expensive. What is it now about $40. bucks for a DVD disc or you could use a CD for about $.50. Do you have some serious high end video or a long VHS quality movie you want to run off the DVD? Just seeing what your doing. My office just came back from NAB and it looks like were going to go with Sonic for our DVD authoring solution. We previewd Both sonic and spruce and I was not impressed with either soultions interface abilities. I was thinking that Authorware or Director would be doing direct support for that arena. Sorry I went off on a tangent. I would do a little checking before I spent the money on a burn to see if its going to work and then make sure your target audiance can read your output. Love all those different standards. Good Luck, Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Hello Pope Thanks for taking the time to reply. $40 bucks is steep! I guess I will stick to
    burning CDs. The question hit me when I was mulling over some promotion ideas for
    web design. Im making a compilation cd of web sites and flash movies I have worked
    on to generate business. I was thinking of putting a stack of them at the local video
    store and I thought DVD would be would be the format to use. But now that I think about
    it, if they don't have a computer to review the disc what would they need a web
    designer for??? Nothing like over looking the obvious.
    One more thing... I purchased Swift 3d 5 minutes after reading your review and I
    couldn't be happier.

------------------