dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scaling up stage

Scaling up stage

I built a Flash movie that's 800 x 600. Now my boss wants it to run it at 1920 x 1200. I can enlarge the .exe proportionally by pulling on the Flash Player "shell." It fills most of the screen (it's a 27" monitor), but not the sides. That in itself is not a problem. Problem is that my boss believes that I should be able to scale the stage to 1920 x 1200 exactly and that Flash will automatically adjust the artwork. I can't do that in the Flash Player and believe that if I could, the contents would not "re-proportion" themselves. When I change the stage to 1920 x 1200 in my fla, the stage and its contents show up in the upper left corner. The only way I can scale the contents in my fla is to do each frame by hand. I'm thinking this whole thing just isn't going to work, but my boss insists that Flash can surely do it if I could just find the right button to push (or menu to open, etc.). Can anyone shed any light on this issue? TIA, Miss Cookie

Hi you can do a FS command which will fill the screen, try that and see if that works

D