A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting Flash Movie taking way too long

Exporting Flash Movie taking way too long

Hi there,

Im working on this file, which is relatively small in size, but for some reason there's a movieclip inside that makes flash take a reallyyyyy long time to test the movie. I'm talking about a minute, every single time i click ctrl-enter to test my movie i have to wait close to a minute.

The swf size is around 230KB, which is nothing. And the .fla file is around to Megs.

The problem i think, is a movieclip which doesn't have any animations or anything heavy, and when i remove this movieclip, the 'exporting flash movie' takes almost 5 seconds. So it has to be that movie clip. Now, i have NO idea why it is behaving like that.

I thought then about just loading the movieclip through actioscript and saving it as a separate swf, the problem is that my menu is xml and i cant assign actions to it. I can load the movieclip when it gets to a certain frame, but i don't know how to make it disappear when im not on that frame.

Anyways, i hope someone can help me here and give me an idea into why a simple movieclip could make flash so slow while trying to test it.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, not exactly sure what the issue is here, but if you want to email it to me, I can look over it for you, and see if I can figure out the cause of it

My email is bluehippoflash@gmail.com
    If you need any help, feel free to email me at bluehippoflash [at] gmail.com or on AIM at BlueHippoFlash

Or view my new portfolio here!