A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] UFHO - my first real multiplayer game

Game Designer

[F8] UFHO - my first real multiplayer game

Hi all! I'm really new here and I hope I'm posting in the right section... [face_doh!]

I developed a game together with my colleague, we are trying to push it since we think it's a very interesting game and a good concept too...

UFHO

It's a turn-based puzzle game, its name is UFHO (come insiede and you'll know why) and it has a lot of strategy.
    There's a lobby in which you can chat and meet for playing, matchmaking and complete stats and ranking. You don't have to register from the start, you can use the guest account.

user: guest
    pass: guest

Only by registering though, you will keep your stats.

It's free, that's why I'm asking you to try it, I made it because I like games and I'm really trying to start something in Italy... we're not even getting money on it
    I hope you'll enjoy it... any feedback is welcome. You'll find me on the game as ness.

I enclosed a screenshot...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Funny and original concept Hopefully I'll get some time to play later tonight but from the tutorial and the site in general it looks polished!
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

The Cheeze to Your Macaroni ColbyCheeze's Avatar
    At first we couldn't figure out how to move then we realized we were not the players we thought we were haha. I'm not sure I actually enjoy it, but there aren't enough multiplayer flash games out there, so I'm glad to see this.

Game Designer
    @phreax: Thanks! I'm waiting for you online... my name is ness.

@ColbyCheeze: I'm sorry for the game seems difficult at first, but believe me, after the first two matches you'll get everything. If you read a bit the guide too... you're done!
    I saw your webpage... very good programming there.. really better than mine!

Game Designer
    Thanks to all the people who came on the game from this site... I'm really proud of all the compliments they made about it..

Please, don't just watch the video, playe the game!

Very interesting concept - I played two games and there were a lot of strategy! Is the concept is yours or you made a remake of some game?

Game Designer
    Hey theHelmsmann, thanks for the compliments and no, it's not a remake of anything. It's a fresh concept and that's why we're pushing it so hard...

Given that, if any of you knows of a game published before that uses the same mechanics... tell me!

Very nice job! Hope this concept will hit in players taste. Personally i like it much, however there are still some tiny bugs. I know it's not full finished beta but maybe this things will help you somehow.

* During game when player use "teleport power up" in chat windows system print "undefined" message. Not sure this occure when other power ups are used.

* Again durning game when game is end and both players hit rematch option sometimes timer and move count freaking out. (example: u see six move to end round but its your opponent turn so you normaly should see question mark)

* Translation bug in main lobby. Upper right corner, before you log in and system display your nick. "qui va li nome"

When i spot something more i will inform you as soon as possible.

J.

...and if you want to learn more, here's an interview with the UFHO guys -> http://www.gotoandplay.it/spotLight/ufho/

Enjoy!

Lapo
    www.gotoandplay.it
    Flash game developers community
    www.smartfoxserver.com
    Multiplayer Flash Server

It sounds good. I'll try

Game Designer
    Ok guys we're having some good numbers regards to users coming. We are planning to do some tournaments soon, so keep training.

Game Designer
    We are getting some traffic, but most of it is from Italy... I wonder why people from around the world come so seldomly.

Game Designer
    We set up the forums.. they're small but they're good.

BTW: did someone have problems with their firewall? Because I heard of some people who couldn't play the game because the game would say "connection error". Does someone have this problem? I need stats

I think that is amazing

Game Designer
    Thanks Ciccio. I wonder, what's your username in the chat?

As a side note, does anyone know how to track the viewing of an swf with Google Analytics??
    I have this swf on external sites (so I can't insert code in the page that embeds the swf) and I want to know how many times those external sites call my swf. I need to trigger the Analytics tracker from within the swf... Any help?

To track swf views use Mochibot
    http://www.mochibot.com

Game Designer
    Thanks Tonypa. I'm anyway trying to use Analytics first, then follow your suggestion. Do you know how to use it for SWFs?

Oh, I saw your tutorials... they are great!

Game Designer
    We are putting up the first tournament! It's due on the 12th of June, 17.30 (Italian hour, it's 16.30 GMT).

32 players, direct elimination... and some prizes to win. To subscribe (free as always) go to http://www.ufho.it/torneo.php?lang=en

27 have already entered, but we will up the tournament to 64 if we have enough players...

We are waiting for you all...