A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with Scenes

Problem with Scenes

Sorry for swearing...but whenever I export (test movie) my flash movie, it seems as if glitches are occuring in the flash game. So I have super simple buttons that move you to different frame labels using variables. And this system always worked before (few weeks ago). But whenever I click the button it moves me to the last frame of the scene, over and over again.

Nothing is wrong with my script at all. Here it is:

PHP Code:
    on (release) {

next_lvlnum _root.lvl+1;

nextlvl "lvl" add next_lvlnum;

gotoAndStop(nextlvl);

It keeps moving me to the last frame in the scene when I direct it to go to frame 2. Even if i flat out say gotoAndStop(2); it goes to the last frame in the scene.

This is making me extremely angry, someone please help.

By the way I even checked and made sure it always directs me to the last frame by changing the last frame a couple of different ways.

Any chance of putting up the .fla?

Mo

well....its pretty big. but let me see if i can take the scene only and re-make a smaller file.

so when i took that single scene and tested the movie in a seperate file. It worked! But it makes no sense, the scene won't work in my whole flash movie. So what should I do?

Ah, you're running scenes. Correct? If that's the case, they are very erratic. I've used them a few times, but try to avoid them. They seem to randomly pick where they want to execute the AS code. Again, without seeing the actual file you can imagine it's hard to give you an answer to resolve the issue. But like you said, do to the filesize, it's a limitation. Best thing I can tell you is to not reference using "_root" if you can help it. If my memory serves me correctly, that always threw me back to "Scene 1" when I scripted the action to execute on "Scene 2". If it's at all possible just have the entire thing in one scene. Hope that helps.

Mo

flashtrickster, I edited your (not very interesting) thread title to : Problem with Scenes. This board relies heavily on search, and title is one of the search params. Think about the community as well, when your post!

gparis