dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3]Need Help expanding an idea

[CS3]Need Help expanding an idea

I had an idea of making a game with an interface similar to asteroids but with differences, like with good AI, and a bunch of other good stuff.

After pretty much making the base engine for the game I don't know what to add next. I will add health and shooting for the AI and the player, but I am completely clueless on what to implement next.

I have another post on this game, but I was asking about how to make the frame rate more consistent.

Here's the link to the game so far, http://prosata.com/test/Slokoto/Slokoto_v1.html

Controls
    --------------
    WASD to move
    MOUSE to aim and fire
    Missiles not properly controlled right, but for now Space bar

Initial Concept
    ---------------
    It just doesn't feel right, I am, and was initially thinking of making it so that the player receives money for each enemy he kills and can buy missiles, upgrades, and hire other ships to fight with the player against the enemy.

The goal was to get as many points as possible before dieing, no winning.

I don't feel this concept will get far in terms of addictiveness and playability.

If anyone has any ideas for a fun game based on that type of engine from that link above I would love to hear them.

I would also like to know if your annoyed with any of the features from that link above.

Thanks,
    TariqM

I really like it. Put in missions and better graphics, and you're set.

Its impressive how you keep track of so many objects at once, and I like the background, because I had to use a very similar method in my last game to get clouds
    America!