A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Thread :: Let's Follow Each Other

With Twitter, you can stay hyper–connected to your friends and always know what they’re doing.
    I don't get it. Seems kinda needy to me. I don't care to let anyone know what I'm doing nor do I care what ya'll are doing. If I do I have an appropriate IM sig. If it's worthy, I have a blog.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I don't get it. Seems kinda needy to me. I don't care to let anyone know what I'm doing nor do I care what ya'll are doing. If I do I have an appropriate IM sig. If it's worthy, I'll post it here
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

<3
    Twitter is good to sort of message people that I don't know but they relate to my account (ie briscreative = people involved in the brisbane creative industries, 2highfestival = any contacts for the festival that I am in). Like, they wouldn't be in my Facebook or MSN 'circle'....and I hate MySpace.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I don't get it. Seems kinda needy to me. I don't care to let anyone know what I'm doing nor do I care what ya'll are doing. If I do I have an appropriate IM sig. If it's worthy, I have a blog.
    i can see that 100%, but right now the only network i have is from FK. I can see it working great for an industry-wide network...so it's kinda like LinkedIn, Facebook, Digg and Del.icio.us all in one...i guess.

however, if i had 200-300 people i'm following, i'd get a bit annoyed having to go through all their updates.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 07-02-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Twitter gets more enjoyable when you start following a bunch of people, specially those with shared interests, or from the same line of work, funny people, etc. (by the way, check out Favrd, a list of the most favorited tweets of the day. Some funny stuff in there sometimes.) If you only follow the ones who limit themselves to answering "what are you doing?" you'll get bored pretty fast. I really couldn't care less about what people are having for lunch or about the funny thing their cat did, but people who are simply smarter and more knowledgeable than me usually tweet interesting stuff.

Just don't bother going through all the updates. After all, it's just Twitter, you won't miss anything critical if you miss a tweet or 50. I just leave it open in the background and check it from time to time when I get bored. That's enough to come across interesting links, resources, tips, jokes, etc.

Also, don't bother following back everyone who follows you. Most of them are spammers.

[so it's kinda like LinkedIn, Facebook, Digg and Del.icio.us all in one...i guess.
    That would be FriendFeed.

Quote Originally Posted by gesteves
    I really couldn't care less about what people are having for lunch or about the funny thing their cat did, but people who are simply smarter and more knowledgeable than me usually tweet interesting stuff.
    I'm sure the really good stuff gets blogged which my reader will track for when I have time to be bothered. This still just kinda sounds like internet grab-ass.

It is... internet ass-grabbing at it's... quickest.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

your going to miss some pretty deep thoughts of mine jaquan.. deep r rated thoughts...
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

so i've been signed up for a few days now and out of the 10-15 times i've visited, i have received 30 or so errors, and now it's down for maintenance. that pisses me off to no end.

yep. delays, imperfect, et al. what's not to love?

<3
    I've been mainly using Twitter via the Netvibes widget.

http://www.twitter.com/innocuo
    I just created that one for personal use (the other one I have is for inappropiate stuff only). I might be using twitter more now that pownce is closing its doors.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

www.twitter.com/googooboyy

Like it or not, you've just been followed...

nordberg makes it sound interesting and useful. But, I'm not sure I can be swayed from a similar feeling as jAQUAN about it.

There just isn't much that I do that, if someone wants to know about it, I'd like to know who it is. At the same time, I have spent time checking out company networks I work with and found useful information. So, maybe I should get over my bias and tell people what I do from time to time? How often do you have to change your status for it to be worthwhile?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    http://www.twitter.com/derekobrien

I'll give it a try for a while... but I'm famous for not finding enough to use this type of stuff... had many failed blogs
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

"What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Ok so I broke down and created an account but only because I found that so many of my favorite programmers tweet a lot. I added all you twits (refuse to use the words follow/following/followers). I still think it's stupid but since a lot of the flash gods don't paste their interesting links on flashcoders anymore, I've no choice. We'll see if it doesn't replace my IM addiction.

http://twitter.com/stranskydesign

If you don't see yourself on my list, tweet me and I'll add ya.

Oh and what's the deal with all the anchor words? #squaredance etc.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 06-16-2009 at 01:44 PM.

hey, jaquan... you're following my future usage account /epicmob. It'll become active once the site, et al comes up.

/gerbick and you'll see the typical rants about beer and whatnot.

And ill be updated with Nudity/MMA/General helpdesk anger.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.