dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] What should I make of this...Ideas?

Now tell me whos watchin...... samvillian's Avatar

[F8] What should I make of this...Ideas?

I have no clue what to make of this. If I just leave it like this it feels like a minigame sorta. Tell me what u think i should do to make this game complete and full.

Here it is: http://antiup.net/view/25/

move left and right. Its about 400kb just because i used an uncompressed image of a street..... sorry....

All i need are ideas or comments or something.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

Xbox 360 Modding Controller PS3 Mod Paint Spray LED Case

Basic tunnel game - add variable speed spots that make you go faster when you go over them, add in tunnel obstacles to avoid, and pickups

Tunnel of death - add enemy gun positions with several gun types, give your vehicle guns with more available in pickups, have monsters/traps come out of walls, and boss levels are always fun

In whatever rout you choose, I would suggest you have the background change according to the mood of the moment in the game, even if only color shifts.

The road surface needs to move down at the same rate as your tiles. Right now it feels like the car isnt moving at all, the road moving under the car will help the illusion.

Woah. Off-topic, but samvillian, you use Antiup? Never imagined it'd spread to be used by guys on FK. I know the guys who made it (apparently the code was stolen from one of the people they kicked off the team, something like that). Btw, I wouldn't put anything confidential there; they sometimes look at the files that are uploaded (apparently they read through my English coursework once :P).

Also, I was told yesterday that the new Anti-Up site can be found at: http://up.icanttype.com/ - just thought that was worth mentioning. Doesn't seem to be working at the moment, though.

As for the game, I would recommend maybe making stones appear in the middle of the road. Might also be interesting if the car steers rather than just strafing.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Ya some guy told me about that website and said he owned it i think, or he made it i dont remember. So im just supporting it i guess, hehe.

About the game, alluvian is right, i will move the street with the grass to give it a better illusion. My name is almost like his in a way... Alluvian, Samvillian.... And i will add obstacles and speed ups and stuff. Good ideas guys.

and the up.icanttype doesnt work for me either. will keep an eye out though. What ever happened to swfup.com i used to like that one. Doesnt work anymore for me.

Okay, I made the road move and the grass better. Now I will try and add the boulders and maybe boosts... But I think the boosts would make it harder to play.

http://antiup.net/view/169/

oh and by the way its a twentieth of the size sorry, i know how much u guys love the preloader...
    Last edited by samvillian; 05-15-2008 at 01:41 AM.