A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Incorporate a Webpage Into a Flash Movie

Exclamation Incorporate a Webpage Into a Flash Movie

Is there any way that you can display a live/online webpage within a Flash movie and have it function?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Nope. Flash does not have the capabilities to render HTML well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos_designer
    Is there any way that you can display a live/online webpage within a Flash movie and have it function?
    I know in Zinc 2.5 there was a "Flash Browser" that I played around with.
    It's been a while but if I remember you could add url's and when users clicked the buttons you had those web sites displayed inside of Flash.

It was hard working some of the kinks out but it did work for the most part.
    There was some issue with some of the functionality and what I needed but check out Zinc [their on 3.0 now].

It may give you some good ideas...

Arrow Similar problem..

Hi everyone!
    Since I have a similar problem, I thought I'd post it here instead of opening a new thread.
    (Hope this is OK!)
    I am a designer rather than a scripter.(And whatever scripting I know got pretty rusty from not using it for a long period of time..)
    I am currently working on a webpage, in which I'd like to put a "floating" .html page on top of a .swf page, whose buttons should control the .html page.

So far, I added an iframe to the page -as you can see here---> http://www.geocities.com/mimeli123/trial1.html(With Dreamweaver and the help of a friend..)...but I'm stuck:
    It is blank(I would want it to open as a certain page, like "home.html")
    and I don't know how to code the buttons on the .swf to inteact with the iframe(by clicking on the various buttons, only the content of the iframe should change to a different .html page)

Can anyone help, please?
    Consider me as a newbie to the whole scripting idea,please! ..

Thanks in advance!

OK.
    one step nearer to success.
    Solved the "empty frame problem"
    But still-
    how can I get those buttons to interact with the iframe?

Thanks in advance!

iframe breakthrough

ok some guy figured out how to make iframes that show complete and working html pages in .swf here's the link: http://www.gypsytrader.com/SWiSHmax2...mpleIndex.html
    http://www.gypsytrader.com/SWiSHmax/...ion/index.html
    He even gave a link to download the files: http://www.gypsytrader.com/SWiSHmax2...ampleFiles.zip the problem is that the file he gives is for Swish I cant believe this came out for Swish before Flash pretty embarassing, ur getting sloppy macromedia...*cough* i mean adobe.

So my problem is i made the .swf work but i need to edit the file in flash and add my own buttons i succesfully did this but if i alter the .swf he provides in flash then publish it when i upload to a webserver it gives the error: ERROR: ExternamlInterface is not available. Aborting.

Any ideas?

Here's my problem with all of this:
    Some sites like "maps.live.com" won't load.
    CNN.com will load but if you try to vote in their daily poll, it won't work.
    And there are a few more sites I'd like to bring into a project I'm working on for work.

In many cases I have to use Ifarmes and target a blank window but then it takes my co-workers out of the "App" I want them to stay inside.

I'm a designer too [I'll code if it's html or xml or if my back is up against the deadline wall] and for some reason you'd think that this would be a no brainer...

As I remember it now these were some of the same issues I had with the Zinc browser.

Adobe has a AIR packager for ROBO Help with a built in "browser" an it has the same problems.

It seems as if there is a real need for a Flash browser with all of the functionallity of "real browsers" but it's not coming.
    “Let no machine defeat you because you are human. The human mind is a mix of complications, doubts and lunacy. Machines use logic therefore they are not fit to compete against us!!” Hidef1080 2008...... (mental patient)