A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How I met your mother.

How I met your mother.

No- the show. Anyone else watch it?

I just started and I am on EP10 already and I am not bored yet.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Two and a Half Men is better.

i am loving it.. on EP-12 at the moment.

it is legendary!

yeah, I like it (not as much as heroes, bsg or 24) but it's really good. The writing and storytelling is really nice. Even Britney Spears was great on the show.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    Two and a Half Men is better.
    Wow do you really think it is that bad? The episodes of that show I have seen have made me want to cut my eyes out. Charlie Sheen? come on...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I abhor CBS but I was frantically looking to fill the void after monday night football ended and How I met your mom was just debuting. It started out with a much better mystery as you didn't know which woman ended up being 'mother'. I stopped watching after they made that clear. Still, the new years episode is fricken hilarious. "You're not moby?"

i didn't say "how i met your mother" was bad. So, don't put those words in my mouth.

I thought Two and a Half Men sucked for the first couple episodes i watched, but after a few more, i really started to like it. It's quite corny and the characters are all goofy, but the humor is great. I can't believe they get away with some of it.

I'll have to give 'Mother' a second chance.

Two and a Half Men... Charlie Sheen pulls off the womanizer role... probably because he is one in real life.

How I Met Your Mother... it just screams "Friends" wannabe, but with Doogie as the "mackdaddy" and knowing what we know about him... less credible. I've watched both... both were boring as hell to me. Just that Two and a Half Men actually made me laugh in some situations.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I agree with lefty on 2.5 men. Started out heading for mid-season replacement but some of the humor is really unique and snarky.

Doogie loves dudes

I am sure I will get bored of this show soon enough. I usually catch a show a few seasons late, get the season on dvd or some other way, watch them and catch up, and then never keep following it.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    i didn't say "how i met your mother" was bad. So, don't put those words in my mouth.
    I just said that because I haven't heard anything good about it before- from anyone. So I figured you didn't like it as well. Maybe I will give it another chance when I get desperate for a new show to blow through.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 05-26-2008 at 02:09 PM.

I have to say, it's been a guilty pleasure of mine since it started. It's really just braindead situation comedy, but it does make me laugh. The cast is pretty good between doogie, band camp girl, and tall funny guy. I only try to watch 4 shows each week (Lost, Heroes, 2.5 Men, and Entourage), so I end up seeing this alot during pre or post 2.5 men. Like I said, guilty pleasure.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

<3
    I'm not a regular tv viewer but the last episode that I saw was pretty funny. Something to do with the 'platinum' rule of dating.

BTW Gerbs, it does scream Friends - but with the writers from Everyone Loves Raymond. Still, I'm a sucker for narration...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Senior Moment
    Ah, I love How I Met Your Mother! ...but when did they ever disclose who the 'mother' is? In the narration, Ted refers to Robin as "Aunt Robin", so it can't be her. Who else is there?

I think my all time favorite Barney line is: "I'm going out of this world the same way I came into it. Buck naked! Yeah! Its going to be awesome. Open bar for the guys, open casket for the ladies, what up?"

It's legend - wait for it - dary!
    Victory belongs to "The Murray"!