Your post helped me with normal text .xml files.
But what about config .xml files?
In a config file I'm not able to put:
Please help me.
<![CDATA[some characters like: š đ č ć or ž]]>
Thanks a lot in advance,
French not coming through
I have followed Kostas Zotos instructions which are brilliant, thank you very much.
My basic example worked and that's wonderful thanks but when I then try and implement this in a site we have taken over to help a client, the French character just does not want to come through at all.
Things I have done:
- Made sure XML is saved as UTF-8
- XML uses CDATA
- Have embedded fonts
- Have embedded specifically
- Have used another font altogether
- Have placed the character in another text field outside of the MC it's meant to be in and set that as static text which works.
- Have recreated the text field thinking it may have corrupted somehow.
- Have put another text field next to it outside of the mask, changed the name and added the characters to the text field.
Is there anything else I could try that I might be missing?
- I have now also plugged Kostas Zotos' example in directly into the site I am working on and his sample works which leads me to believe there might be something wrong with the XML. Could a malformed XML be the cause of something like this? All other special characters are coming through expect for this sucker.
- I have also created an entirely new XML file, saved it as UTF-8 and now the French side of the site wont load.
- I have now also checked and ensured that the XML is not malformed using Firefox and it all looks good.
In the attached example, the blue circle between the --- ---- is where my characters should be appearing which is happening in the text field to the left.
Last edited by SkyNarc; 11-15-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Thanks a bunch...
Great post. Thank you
**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width